Staffordshire County Council Social Care eMarketplace
1. Identify services which will best meet their needs (and hence support independence). 2. Identify providers which will best provide this need. 3. Procure the service from the provider.
United Kingdom-Stafford: Software package and information systems
Prior information notice
Section I: Contracting authority
Staffordshire County Council
Staffordshire Procurement, Wedgewood Building, Tipping Street
For the attention of: Stewart Cottiss
ST16 2DH Stafford
Telephone: +44 1785278094
Fax: +44 1785854660
General address of the contracting authority: www.staffordshire.gov.uk/business/procurement
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
See procurement documentation
Section II.B: Object of the contract (Supplies or services)
NUTS code UKG
Staffordshire Cares has supported individuals by providing a choice of service through a number of tools:
— Purple Pages (providing details of third parties who can provide services);
— Me Myself and I (which through the use of questions supports users in identifying their needs);
— CareMatch (provides details of personal assistants which meet the criteria set by the user).
The vision of Staffordshire Cares was to enable personalisation, through providing information and choice of solution. People would be directed from traditional, expensive, care provision (e.g. residential care) to alternative person-centred solutions enabling people to receive care within their own home environment.
However, whichever channel is used, customers are then signposted to the provider to complete the transaction.
The objective of this project therefore is to provide a seamless end to end service enabling customers to:
1. Identify services which will best meet their needs (and hence support independence).
2. Identify providers which will best provide this need.
3. Procure the service from the provider.
By providing the ability to transact with third party providers in one marketplace, it is anticipated that this will increase use of the Staffordshire Cares website, hence increasing the likelihood that people will access the information, advice and guidance.
The e-marketplace would give us visibility of the services procured through the personal budget, hence enabling:
— the easy reclaim of any unused funds;
— Enabling social workers to identify people with unspent budget, and support people in spending their budget appropriately;
— Promote the usage of the personal budget to the categories of care appropriate to the assessed need.
This contract is divided into lots: yes
48000000, 72000000, 98000000
A questionnaire for interested parties is available at www.staffordshire.alito.co.uk
Details are also available regarding an Information Session to be held on Monday 2nd September.
Important: This is an electronic tender. All requests for information to be sent through the electronic tendering portal and messaging facility on the Proactis electronic tendering system.
How to register:
1. Instructions at http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/business/procurement/etendering/
2. Follow the link to Proactis ETendering (http://www.staffordshire.alito.co.uk). On the main page click SUPPLIERS then (new user) REGISTER links.
3. Complete the self registration questions and click the Register button.
4. You will receive a confirmation email with an authentication link (this email may find its way to your trash/junk email account, so please check).
5. Confirm the authentication and then login into Proactis SUPPLIERS side.
6. Search the bulletin board for the tender(s) using key words, search criteria etc.
7. Once found, click on the (blue) contract title to register interest against an active tender.
8. Click the REGISTER button and then CONTINUE.
9. The tender will now be in the MY TENDERS profile area on the main menu.
10. Find the READ ME FIRST document and continue with managing the tender.
If you require urgent assistance regarding the initial usage of the eTendering package please contact the Contracting Authority point of contact in Section I.1 of this notice. On failure to reach this contact, please immediately email the nature of the difficulty to email@example.com
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4)Date of dispatch of this notice:1.8.2013