Street Cleaning Wandsworth
Boroughwide street cleansing and housing estate cleaning services (Putney area).
UK-London: street-cleaning services
Section I: Contracting authority
Wandsworth Borough Council
Environment and Community Services Department, Room 63, The Town Hall
For the attention of: Mr. Shaun Morley
SW18 2PU London
Telephone: +44 2088716938
Address of the buyer profile: www.wandsworth.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 16: Sewage and refuse disposal services; sanitation and similar services
NUTS code UKI11
Contract 1. Street cleansing Boroughwide.
Contract 2. Housing estate cleaning – Putney Area.
It is anticipated that tenders will be sought in May 2012.
Applications will only be considered from organisations able to demonstrate experience in the following areas of expertise:
Contract 1 – this service provides for the comprehensive street cleansing of the borough. In addition to the removal of litter and detritus the service also require the removal of weeds and fly tips, the emptying of litterbins, the emptying of on-street public recycling banks, a bridge washing service and an emergency/rapid response service.
Contract 2 – the services broadly involve the day to day cleaning of all the Council’s residential blocks and estates in the Putney area of the borough. This includes litter picking and sweeping of communal hard surfaces, including paths, pedestrian areas, playgrounds, car parks and estate roads, litter picking from soft landscaped areas including trees and shrubs, removal from site of all bulk rubbish and refuse, sweeping and cleansing of lifts, communal entrance halls, lobbies, corridors and internal areas and refuse chambers.
90611000, 90911200, 90914000, 90612000, 90910000, 90610000, 90511300
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
Contract 1. – Street cleansing Boroughwide: 4 274 000 GBP.
Contract 2. – Housing cleaning Putney: 1 250 000 GBP.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 82 860 000 GBP
Description of these options: The contracts will commence on 1.4.2013 for an initial fixed term of 7 years with up to 8 years extension option. 15 years in total including fixed and extension term.
Number of possible renewals: 8
Information about lots
Lot No: 1 Lot title: Street cleansing Boroughwide
90610000, 90511300, 90611000, 90612000
90910000, 90914000, 90911200, 90511300, 90612000
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Justification for the choice of accelerated procedure: 37 days impractical due to reasons of urgency as a result of contractor failure.
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Organisations wishing to be considered for selection to tender are required to complete a pre-qualifying questionnaire (PQQ) which should be obtained from Shaun Morley either by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone +44 2088716938 or by post from Town Hall, Room 63, Wandsworth Borough Council, Wandsworth High Street, London SW18 2PU, UNITED KINGDOM.
Completed PQQs along with any supporting documentation must be submitted by 12:00 noon on Wednesday 28.3.2012. Late submissions will not be considered. Selection for inclusion within the tender list will be based on responses provided within the PQQ including the following criteria:
1. For Contract 1 – to have been operating street cleansing services at the levels required for this contract for a minimum of 5 years;
2. For Contracts 2 – to have been operating housing estates cleaning services preferably in a social housing environment at the levels required for this contract for a minimum of 5 years;
3. Evidence of economic and financial standing in respect of viability to perform the services;
4. Provide evidence of the quality assurance procedures your organisation has in place that are appropriate to the contracts;
5. Provide evidence of your organisation’s Health & Safety Policy, and details of any Statutory HSE improvement/prohibition notices served or convictions for offences under Health & Safety legislation during the last 3 calendar years;
6. Provide details of your organisation’s Environmental Policy and management systems (as appropriate) and details of any convictions under Environmental legislation or Environmental enforcement or prohibition notices served during the last 3 calendar years;
7. Have 5 000 000 GBP cover for Public Liability and 10 000 000 GBP employer’s liability insurance. Note: applicants will be considered if their current cover levels are below those required providing that the applicant agrees to increase the level of cover if subsequently awarded a contract;
8. Have appropriate measures in place to ensure business continuity;
9. Have appropriate equal opportunities policies and systems in place;
10. Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and consideration of the potential workforce issues and pension requirements of these contracts;
11. Demonstrate appropriate business and technical capability and capacity exists within the organisation to support the contracts;
12. Evidence of ability to deliver to the contract standard and technical and professional ability drawn from satisfactory references from three customers, for the types of services described, ideally public sector accounts, with whom you have held / hold similar contracts.
Site visits may be required to assist in the evaluation of the above criteria.
Following evaluation of PQQs, including receipt and evaluation of technical references, it is the Council’s intention to restrict the number of organisations invited to tender to a maximum of 6 organisations in respect of each Contract. If more than 6 organisations fulfil the selection criteria, those scoring the highest number of points will be invited to tender.
Section VI: Complementary information
Applicants are advised that references will be obtained in writing from the referees. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their referees respond within the time scale as this will form a key part of the evaluation of PQQs.
If you wish to discuss either Contract 1 please contact Shaun Morley, Head of Waste Management on +44 2088716938.
If you wish to discuss Contract 2 please contact, Phil Dwyer, Leasehold and Procurement Manager on +44 2088716526. GO Reference: GO-201232-PRO-3753453.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:2.3.2012