Street Markets Research – Winchester – Request for Quote
To review our street markets so their value and benefit is fully understood and realised and to offer a quality experience across all our high streets.
Request for quote for the provision of research for street markets in the Winchester District
Winchester City Council
- Research and development services and related consultancy services – 73000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
9 December 2021
4 January 2022
Contract start date
1 February 2022
Contract end date
28 February 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
This work is funded through the Government’s European Regional Development Fund (EDRF) Welcome Back Fund, Winchester City Council and Winchester Business Improvement District.
Winchester City Council is seeking to appoint a professional consultancy to review our street markets so their value and benefit is fully understood and realised and to offer a quality experience across all our high streets.
We would like the final report by 28 February 2022.
Winchester City Council is looking for a research consultancy to carry out a study to provide the council with a better understanding of the economic value of street markets in the Winchester district and the potential to develop the current offer. The scope should cover markets in Winchester City Centre and the market towns of Alresford, Bishop’s Waltham and Wickham.
The findings of the final report will provide valuable insight and information to the city council and the managers of the street markets in market towns to:
• support their street markets
• enhance the visitor experience after the COVID-19 pandemic and
• ensure the district’s High Streets remain vibrant.
The research should include:
• An audit of the current offer including the quality of experience and feedback from residents, visitors, market stall holders and high street businesses adjacent to or in the vicinity of market stall locations.
• A profile of goods and service on stalls against existing high street provision to assess the “additive” nature of the street market to the high street offer.
• An economic impact assessment of the current operations.
• A review of locations, frequency and type of markets against the ability to create a special and destination market experience.
• Benchmarking against other similar destinations and provide exemplars of destination markets.
• A gap analysis and recommendations on how the quality of the market operation could be improved.
The research should involve and collaborate with the Winchester Business Improvement District (BID) and its members. The work should also include consultation / interview with the district’s existing market operators, the Chambers of Commerce in relevant market towns, Winchester Town Forum, local parish and town councils, New Alresford Town Trust and local ward councillors.
Please contact Alison Woods before 22 December at email@example.com to ask for the Request to Quote document.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
City Offices,Colebrook Street
01962 848 347