Structured Cabling Tender Wales
Supply, Installation and Maintenance Support of Structured Cabling.
UK-Hengoed: network cabling
Section I: Contracting authority
Caerphilly County Borough Council
Procurement Services, Caerphilly County Borough Council, Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach,
For the attention of: Mr Daniel Thomas
CF82 7PG Hengoed
Telephone: +44 1443863489
Fax: +44 1443863167
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Caerphilly County Borough Council.
NUTS code UKL
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 3
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
The Authority has a large number of buildings that are cabled with ITT Industries Network Systems & Services (ITT Structured Cabling Solution 5e product range). Additionally, some of these buildings also have separate standard telephone cabling. This arrangement requires a provider to upkeep and possibly develop the existing infrastructure using Nexans (or equivalent) LAN Connect Range for Cat 5e & Cat 6 both STP (Shielded Twisted Pair), UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair), LSOH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen), internal and external grade cables, including CST (Corrugated Steel Tape) armoured and optical fibre cable.
The contract is a framework agreement for four years which it is envisaged will be awarded between a range of between 1 and 3 providers in ranked order. It is envisaged that the framework will be utilised with the top ranked company offered all work first. In the event that the first ranked provider cannot provide the service, Caerphilly C.B.C. reserve the right to offer the work to the second and third in descending order of ranking.
Community Benefits do not apply to this contract.
32421000, 50000000, 51000000
This will include the evaluation of both selection (first stage) and award criteria (second stage). Companies shall note that failure to pass relevant selection criteria (first stage) will result in their submission not being evaluated in the award stage (second stage) of the process.
Companies will also be required to submit a Community Benefits Plan to ascertain any community benefits or targeted recruitment and training opportunities available for this procurement, although this will not be a scored criteria.
Companies expressing an interest in this procurement, must submit their tender submission by no later than 12:00:00 Noon on Tuesday 15 May 2012. Submissions received after this time and date will be rejected.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(b) is the subject of proceedings for a declaration of bankruptcy, for an order for compulsory winding-up or administration by the courts or for an arrangement with creditors or is the subject of any other similar proceeding under national laws or regulations;
(c) has been convicted of an offence concerning his professional conduct by a judgement which has the force of res judicata;
(d) has been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which the contracting authorities can justify;
(e) has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which he is established or those of the country of the contracting authority;
(f) has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which he is established or those of the country of the contracting authority;
(g) is guilty of serious misrepresentation in supplying the information required under the provisions of the Directive on the criteria for qualitative selection;
(b) balance sheets or extracts of balance sheets;
(c) statement of turnover for a maximum of the last three years.
(a) a list of works carried out over the last 5 years with certificates of satisfaction;
(b) a list of principal deliveries effected or services provided in the last 3 years and evidence of delivery;
(c) an indication of technicians or technical bodies involved;
(d) a description of technical facilities and measures used to ensure quality;
(e) educational and professional qualifications of the supplier and staff responsible for performing the contract;
(f) where appropriate, an indication of the environmental management measures that would be applied when performing the contract;
(g) a statement of average annual manpower and number of staff in the last 3 years;
(h) a statement of tools, plant and equipment available to the supplier;
(i) details of any intended sub-contracting arrangements;
(j) where appropriate, samples, descriptions and photographs of products and quality assurance certificates.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
City & Guilds level 2 in Award in Communication Cabling/Certificate in Designing and Planning Communications Networks or equivalent qualification.
City & Guilds level 3 in a Diploma in Designing and Planning Communications Networks or equivalent qualification.
Member of the NICEIC Approved Contractor Scheme.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
If you are already registered on the Proactis portal please Login using your existing details and start at Step 11 of these instructions.
Instructions for Supplier Registration and to Express Interest.
1. Log in to the Proactis Plaza E-Sourcing Portal at https://www.proactisplaza.com;
2. Click the “Register Now” button at the bottom of the window;
3. Enter your correct Organisation Name, Details and Primary Contact Details. The system will auto generate the Organisation ID and User Name for you;
4. Please make a note of the Organisation ID and User Name, then click “Register”;
5. You will then receive an e-mail from the system asking you to “Click here to activate your account”. This takes you to Enter Organisation Details;
6. Please enter the information requested, click “Next” and follow the instructions ensuring that you enter all applicable details;
7. In the Enter Product Classification screen please ensure that you select the Product Classification Codes (CPV Codes) that appear in the tender notice;
8. Accept the Terms and Conditions and then click “Next”. This takes you in to the Welcome window;
9. In the “Welcome” window please enter your Organisation name, Organisation ID and User Name (User ID). You now need to create your unique password. Please ensure that you make a note of this along with the other information already recorded;
10. Now click “Done” and you will enter the Supplier Home page;
11. At this point please contact the officer stated above in the Contact Point section and the officer will arrange for you to gain access to the tender documentation;
12. Once you have received confirmation that you are able to access the documentation log into https://www.proactisplaza.com and follow the following process;
13. Once you have logged on you will enter the Supplier Home page;
14. On the left of the screen click “Opportunities”;
15. Click the “Requests from Buyers” command. This will take you to the list of current opportunities available to you;
16. Click the Project ID that relates to this notice, this will take you into the Tender Request;
17. Note the closing date for completion of the relevant project. Please review the “Items” tab and the Documents tab as there will be information relating to the project held here;
18. You can now either “Create a Response” to, or “Decline” this opportunity.
If you require any further assistance please contact Daniel Thomas by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on +44 1443863489.
Buy4Wales Reference Number: 27185.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:30.3.2012