Substance Abuse Service Rotherham
Universal Alcohol Identification and Brief Intervention Service.
- Rotherham MBC
- Universal Alcohol Identification and Brief Intervention Service
- Rotherham Borough Council as the Administering Authority for a Universal Alcohol Identification and Brief Intervention Service jointly funded by the Rotherham Borough Council (Neighbourhood and Adult Services and Public Health) and the South Yorkshire Probation Trust are seeking suitably experienced organisations to tender for the provision of Universal Alcohol Identification and Brief Intervention Service.
The provider must adhere to the Council’s fundamental values and principles based on the belief that all clients should have maximum control over their lives, self determination and individuality
Aims and objectives of service
Provision of open access facilities and outreach that provide: alcohol-specific advice, information and support; extended brief interventions to help alcohol misusers reduce alcohol-related harm; and assessment and referral of those with more serious alcohol-related problems for care-planned treatment.’ MoCAM
The service should be provided in appropriate settings across the borough and;
· Provide an open access, alcohol specific service.
Identifying and offering information and support in the form of brief and extended brief interventions (anticipated to be between 3 and 12 sessions – MoCAM) to adults resident in Rotherham who have been identified as harmful / hazardous drinkers or for those who require information on sensible drinking levels but are identified as ‘low risk’. Ensuring that families and friends are actively supported and included as part of the package of care offered (where permission is given). The service should ensure that those who are identified as having longer term psychosocial needs, complex cases and those identified as dependant are referred on to providers within the treatment pathway. These interventions can be offered on an individual and group basis.
· Support the wider alcohol treatment system, by promoting the pathways and the ethos of the system at all times
· Act as the single point of access for the alcohol treatment system including accepting referrals for ‘ring back’ via fax from agencies such as the ambulance service. – provide a group intervention to those who have received conditional caution, bail or fixed penalty notice as a result of alcohol related offending
· Offer a calendar of training in alcohol awareness to workplaces/agencies within Rotherham for both individual awareness and also for operational staff that have the opportunity to identify those who’s alcohol use maybe impacting negatively on their lives.
· Support local initiatives for example the local strategy and community alcohol partnerships
· Support local and national marketing campaigns. As and when they arise for example Alcohol Awareness Week.
- Mrs Vicky Horsfield
- Email Address:
- 01709 255305
- 01709 376285
- Riverside House
- 27/02/2013 12:00
- 08/04/2013 17:00
- 24 (months)
- 12 (months)
|Attached/Link Name||Size||Date Uploaded|
|Reference Doc Universal Alcohol Identification & Brief Intervention Service A.doc||351kb||27/02/2013|
|PTQ Universal Alcohol Identification & Brief Intervention Service A.doc||580kb||27/02/2013|