Suicide Bereavement Training Contract
To design, deliver and evaluate suicide bereavement training for people who provide counselling.
Suicide Bereavement Training
Health Education England
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£90,000 to £170,000
19 January 2021
8 February 2021
Contract start date
6 April 2021
Contract end date
31 March 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Health Education England, in the North West, Public Health England, the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership and the North West Coast Strategic Clinical Network are seeking to engage an education provider, working either alone or in partnership with another organisation, to design, deliver and evaluate suicide bereavement training for people who provide counselling and/or talking therapies at step 2 and/or 3.
The provider will be responsible for:
– The design and delivery of a modular training programme, delivered as face-to-face, remotely/virtually or a combination of these methods, covering a range of topics relevant to staff who support people who have been bereaved by suicide.
– Working with counselling and talking therapy providers across the North West and with HEE North West to recruit trainees into the programme.
– Ensuring that there is equity of access for delegates from NHS and non-NHS organisations across the three STP/ICS areas of the North West.
– Ensuring that delegates acquire the knowledge and skills needed to provide appropriate support to people who have been suicide bereaved.
– Collating trainee feedback and providing HEE North West with an evaluation report based on mutually agreed outcomes.
– Must be prepared and able to deliver face to face training remotely/virtually if required.
The key objectives include:
– To provide a group of NHS and non NHS professionals with the skills and tools they will need to provide appropriate support to people who have been bereaved by suicide.
– To enhance patient care and experience by improving the support available for people who have been bereaved by suicide.
Bids will be welcomed from individual providers or partnership of providers, with the programme expected to be delivered before 31st March 2022, with the possibility of annual extension up to 31st March 2024.
- Tender Notice
- Further information relating to this project can be found at HEE’s e-tendering portal at the link below. All clarification questions and submission bids must be received via this portal only. Registration is free of charge.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
1st Floor, Blenheim House