Suicide Prevention in North West London – Market Engagement
Establish a Suicide Prevention Network across NW London. Provide a Suicide Prevention Programme Lead to support joint working with system partners.
Suicide Prevention in North West London
NHS Shared Business Services
- Health services – 85100000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£460,000 to £1,400,000
NWL_Suicide Prevention Programme_March2021
22 March 2021
Approach to market date
1 April 2021
Contract start date
1 June 2021
Contract end date
31 May 2024
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The North West London Collaboration of CCGs is seeking expressions of interest to deliver a On behalf of the North West London Health and Care Partnership, the North West London Collaboration of CCGs is seeking expressions of interest to deliver a programme of work that will seek to address the challenges that exist in relation to the prevention of suicide and self-harm.
The programme will include establishment of a Suicide Prevention Network across NW London as well as provision of Programme Lead role to support joint system working; engagement with people with lived experience; provision of suicide awareness training; and provision of targeted support for vulnerable groups.
A procurement process is expected to take place during April/May 2021 for the service to commence from June 2021.
The service will:
– Establish a Suicide Prevention Network across NW London, ensuring representation from CCGs, Local Authorities, NHS Trusts, service users and those with lived experience and local VCSE organisations.
– Provide a Suicide Prevention Programme Lead to support joint working with system partners to develop strategic planning and align development, coordination and oversight of suicide prevention initiatives across NW London.
– Ensure an engagement approach of reaching out to people with lived experience to inform the development of targeted support services.
– Rollout a suicide awareness training programme for professionals working in primary care in the first instance, and relevant support services.
– Provide targeted support for vulnerable groups – this element of service expected to account for most of the allocated investment.
A draft Outline Service Specification is available providing further detail.
Current plans are for a competitive procurement process to take place during April and May 2021 to award a service contract to enable the new services to develop from June 2021 onwards.
Funding for the contract is likely to be circa £460k for one year (2021/2022), with potential for similar funding to recur for a second and third years – to be agreed (therefore having potential for up to £1.4m over potential 3 years)
Whilst open to all types of providers having appropriate and relevant experience, this contract opportunity is likely to be interest to VCSE organisations having relevant local understanding, reach and influence.
- Draft Outline Service Specification_Suicide prevention in NW London_22March2021.pptx
- Technical specifications
- Draft Outline Service Specification_Suicide Prevention Programme in NW London
- Market Engagement Questionnaire_NWL CCGs_Suicide Prevention_22March2021.docx
- Information on bidders
- Market Engagement Questionnaire_Suicide Prevention in NW London
- Additional text
- Please see attached draft Outline Service Specification and the Market Engagement Questionnaire.
***TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST please complete and return the Market Engagement Questionnaire (MEQ) by 10am, Thursday 1st April 2021 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading “Market Engagement Response – Suicide Prevention in NW London”.
Whilst participation in this engagement exercise is not a mandatory requirement for participating in any potential future procurement, the level of responses received will assist to inform the Contracting Authority as to the level of interest from the market and will be used as evidence as to the appropriate process to award a contract and whether to undertake a competitive procurement. Responses to this engagement may identify the need for further direct discussion with any providers which do express an interest.
Assuming a competitive procurement does take place, it will be conducted through use of the e-procurement system EU-Supply. Interested providers/bidders are advised to save time and Register for FREE at https://nhssbs.eu-supply.com
If you need technical support on the EU-Supply Portal, please contact the EU-Supply Helpdesk on 0800 840 2050 or email@example.com.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer