Supply and Delivery of Educational Materials
This tender is for the supply and deliver of Education Materials to Scottish local authorities and Scotland Excel associate members.
UK-Paisley: educational equipment
Section I: Contracting authority
Unit 5, Anchor Mill, 7 Thread Street
Contact point(s): Education & Corporate
For the attention of: Graeme Beattie
PA1 1JR Paisley
Telephone: +44 3003001200
Fax: +44 1416187423
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scotland-excel.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA10383
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Aberdeen City Council
Argyll and Bute Council
City of Edinburgh Council
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Dumfries and Galloway Council
Dundee City Council
East Ayrshire Council
East Dunbartonshire Council
East Lothian Council
East Renfrewshire Council
Glasgow City Council
Moray Council, The
North Ayrshire Council
North Lanarkshire Council
Orkney Islands Council
Perth and Kinross Council
Scottish Borders Council
Shetland Islands Council
South Ayrshire Council
South Lanarkshire Council
West Dunbartonshire Council
West Lothian Council
“Police Forces” – A Scottish Police Joint Board constituted under the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1994 registered as an Associate Member and any successor authority or body (full details provided in the tender document)
“Fire and Rescue Services” – A ‘relevant authority’ under the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 otherwise known as a ‘fire and rescue’ authority registered as an Associate Member and any successor authority or body (full details provided in the tender document)
Scottish Further and Higher Education Funding Council (full details provided in tender document)
Glasgow Housing Association
Scotland Excel Associate Members (list available at www.scotland-excel.org.uk/about us/ourmembers/Associate Members)
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Various locations throughout Scottish Local Authority boundaries.
NUTS code UKM
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 25
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 70 000 000 GBP
Note: The authority has indicated that it is using the PCS-Tender Module to carry out this procurement process. To access the PCS-Tender Module and record your interest in this notice please visit https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk.
Note: The authority has indicated that they are using the PCS-Tender Module to carry out this procurement process. To access the PCS-Tender Module and record your interest in this notice please visit https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk.
If you are not already registered with the PCS-Tender Module registration will be required.
39162000, 39162100, 39162110, 22830000, 37310000, 37524100, 43324100, 37410000, 37400000
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
Information about lots
Lot No: 1 Lot title: Art & Craft Materials (Excluding Board, Craft & Drawing Paper) – ITT 1015
39162000, 39162100, 39162110
39162000, 39162100, 39162110
39162000, 39162100, 39162110
39162000, 39162100, 39162110, 37524100
39162000, 39162110, 22830000
39162000, 39162100, 37421000
39162000, 39162100, 37310000
39162000, 39162100, 39162110
39162000, 39162100, 43324100, 37410000, 37400000
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(2) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Financial. Weighting 85
2. Quality (Technical/Service). Weighting 15
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 126-208631 of 4.7.2012
Scotland Excel Offices, Paisley.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Officers of Scotland Excel.
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Approximately 1 year prior to the expiry of this framework.
Scotland Excel intends to use an electronic tendering system in this procurement exercise. Please register using the link:- www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk to download the tender documentation Bravo Ref. Project 594, ITT Number 1014 (Scotland Excel Reference 07-12 ITT 1014) Supply and Delivery of Educational Materials. Please note that each lot can be downloaded individually and associated ITT are Lot 1 ITT 1015 sequential to Lot 9 ITT 1023. Please not failure to submit ITT 1014 together with your lot submission will result in your offer not being considered.
The Tender documents are only available to access online from 1.11.2012 and will not be sent to you.
All contracts awarded will be subject to Scots Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
In reference to section IV.2.2 – although an electronic auction will not form part of the evaluation process to establish the framework, electronic auctions may be used where competition is reopened for the purpose of awarding a specific contract.