Supply and Delivery of In Station Digital Signage Solution
Translink are seeking to deliver a new in-station digital signage departure information solution for customers who use their transport network.
United Kingdom-Belfast: Digital transmission apparatus
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Contact point(s): firstname.lastname@example.org
BT3 9BG Belfast
Address of the buyer profile: https://etendersni.gov.uk/epps
Electronic access to information: https://etendersni.gov.uk/epps
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://etendersni.gov.uk/epps
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Urban railway, tramway, trolleybus or bus services
I.3)Contract award on behalf of other contracting entities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting entity:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s):
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
32270000, 92224000, 32300000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.8)Information about lots
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
We wish to appoint a supplier to:
— Implement a modern digital signage solution:
1. The solution should provide the capability to display different types of information within multiple zones including web enabled automated departure boards e.g: http://journeyplanner.translink.co.uk/dm/XSLT_DM_REQUEST?europaMacro=true (best viewed in Firefox), pull content (RSS based — e.g. weather or news feeds), Translink Marketing Campaigns and include an override facility to display ad hoc messages (e.g. weather information, security alerts, service disruptions).
2. Information delivery requires an efficient, streamlined process which avoids reliance on manual input of information or manual intervention for support — create play-lists.
3. The solution should allow both central and local administration, access to be password protected and restricted to specific IP addresses.
4. It is envisaged the solution will consist of either 1 or 2 screens (relatively thin bezel screens, optimising customer experience) displayed at each location along with appropriate Digital Signage Hardware / Software, Mounting / Bracketing.
5. The contract will include options for the provision and installation of additional equipment to other Translink Bus and Rail network locations and for the audio enablement of the solution.
— Install the solution and making good of locations — comms / powerpoints/ cabling. Engage with Translink Infrastructure/Property and IS departments where required as some power-points and comms points are already available;
— Provide a solution that meets security standards and is robust, which can be remotely updated and monitored, both for content development and status reporting. The solution is required to be configured to send email notification warnings as issues develop;
— Enable Translink to achieve an optimal layout / display output with intended content mix. Provide training to administrators covering content best practice, configuration and proactive monitoring;
— Support and maintain the solution for up to 7 years (initial contract term 3 years).
6. Delivery will be governed by a Service Level Agreement and in-line with current Translink ISIT strategies.
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The contract will include options for the provision and installation of additional equipment to other Translink Bus and Rail network locations and for the audio enablement of the solution.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting entity:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: