Supply and Repair of Manikins to Kent and Fire Rescue Service
The Authority require manikins that will be used in the training environment on KFRS property.
The Supply and Repair of Various Manikins
Kent Fire and Rescue Service
- Emergency training dolls – 35112100
Location of contract
Value of contract
9 August 2021
16 August 2021
Contract start date
24 September 2021
Contract end date
23 September 2023
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Authority, Kent and Medway Towns Fire Authority (KFRS), undertakes a variety of training programmes for casualty rescue to all firefighters. This training typically consists of realistic casualty handling, evacuation, extrication and technical rescues:
– “dummy drag” for firefighter fitness and practical role-related recruitment testing used in outside environments.
– casualty location and evacuation in a smoke-logged scenario (reduced visibility training) for firefighting training in dirty outside environments
– extricating and rescuing casualties from road traffic collision training scenarios in outside environments
– extricating and rescuing casualties from live fire training scenarios in dirty “real fire training” houses
– extricating, searching for and rescuing casualties from water rescue training scenarios, where manikin weighting and buoyancy are essential design components of this equipment. Typical scenarios include swift water, mud rescue, at sea, and non-tidal outside environments
– extricating and rescuing causalities from technical rescue (also known as Urban Search and Rescue) training scenarios, e.g. where a casualty may be trapped under collapsed buildings or concrete in outside dirty environments.
The Authority require manikins that will be used in the training environment on KFRS property and other suitably assessed and approved locations to provide realistic training to KFRS operational personnel and other partner agencies. Requirements are varied and versatile, dependent on the training scenario being undertaken. Therefore, the Authority has split its requirements down into lots for different manikin types and all related consumables. The Authority expects the successful supplier(s) to be able to provide a technology refresh of equipment as and when industry materials and technologies change. Manikins need to be fit for the environments in which they are to be used in and therefore they need to be constructed of suitable materials that are robust and will perform in the environments specified/mentioned above.
The Authority require the initial supply of the following types of training manikins:
Lot 1 – Fire house manikins – A manikin that simulates an unconscious casualty. This must be available in adult, child and toddler sizes.
Lot 2 – Extrication and technical rescue manikins – Two types of manikins are required – one that simulates an unconscious casualty and one that simulates a conscious casualty. These must be available in adult, child and toddler sizes.
Lot 3 – Water rescue manikins – Two types of manikin are required – one that simulates a sinking casualty and one that simulates a floating casualty. These must be available in adult, child and toddler sizes.
Tenderers may bid for any number of Lots.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.