Supply Children’s and Educational Records Management System
The new system will need to be able to record and store children’s records, and produce reports for the following areas: Management of children’s services. Management of school places. Assessment and attainment information supplied by schools.
United Kingdom-Leicester: Software package and information systems
Section I: Contracting authority
Leicester City Council
New Walk Centre, Welford Place
For the attention of: Rebecca Cowan – ICT Contracts & Procurement Manager
LE1 6ZG Leicester
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://www.delta-esourcing.com/respond/7SB5H29Z67
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
NUTS code UKF21
Any new system must be able to collect, record and report on all children’s and young peoples’ information including education. The new system will need to be able to record and store children’s records, and produce reports for the following areas:
– Management of children’s services.
– Management of school places.
– Assessment and attainment information supplied by schools.
– All other information on children held by schools.
– Information on school personnel and parents/governors.
– Interactions and involvement with children by specialist services.
– Services provided for “early years” such as the nursery education grant.
– School transport and free school meals.
48000000, 48210000, 48222000, 48311000, 48463000, 48517000, 48611000, 48710000, 48730000, 48731000, 48732000, 48900000, 72000000, 72212463, 72212517, 72261000, 72262000, 72263000, 72267000, 72267100, 72267200, 72268000, 48810000, 80500000
The system functionality must include:
– Manual input and amendment of children and young people’s records including name, address, date of birth, current school and schools previously attended etc.
– Importing of pupil data including attendance marks and exclusions from schools by direct interface with schools management information systems (MIS) or by other electronic means.
– Importing and exporting of files to and from other external bodies, e.g. Ofsted, DfE, including the capability to import and export common transfer files (CTF’s) as defined by the DfE.
– Interfacing with Ofsted to download updates and additions to registered childcare providers.
– Management of schools admissions, transfers and appeals, including the provision of an online portal through which parents can apply for school places.
– Storage of school exclusions records, including tracking of reintegration casework.
– Management and analysis of children’s attainment.
– Importing of all school termly census returns and generation of the early years census return.
– Recording of details of ethnic minorities and traveller communities.
– Management of services provided for “Early Years” and administration of Nursery Education Grant Funding.
– The collection and recording of information on parent details.
– The collection and recording of school governor appointments, school governor vacancies and details of support provided to governors.
– Facility to hold a Childcare and a Family Services directory and to manage and record the details of enquiries pertaining to these directories
– Administration of Free School Meals including the ability to link to the FSMs eligibility checking service to verify eligibility for individual or batches of claims.
– Case and workflow management of interventions by specialist children’s services e.g. Educational Psychology, Education Welfare, etc. and recording of outcomes.
– Administration of Special Educational Needs (SEN) assessments including the generation and review of statements of SENs and the generation of statutory SEN returns.
– Recording of details for Looked after Children (LAC) and recording of Personal Education Plans (PEPs).
– Interfacing with MicroSoft Sharepoint and the LiquidLogic Protocol System.
In addition the system functionality should include, but not be limited to:
– Analysis of children’s attainment against performance indicators.
– The facility to import details of racist incidents from schools.
– Recording and analysis of all allegations of abuse and/or neglect by individuals in a position of trust with regard to children.
– The collection and recording of information on school personnel.
– Recording and storing of scanned documents against an individual’s record or against a referral.
– Management and administration school transport eligibility.
– Recording of all training of, and qualifications held by, childcare professionals.
– The production of pre-populated forms and letters.
– Interfacing with the MicroSoft SSRS reporting tool.
– Archiving or deletion of data by individual record or in bulk, in line with Data Protection Act requirements.
The requirement is to include, support, maintenance and new functionality for the existing system or the provision a new system including software, support & maintenance, implementation, user acceptance testing of the system, together with training and professional services for the system. All of the services are to be provided by the same supplier.
Any new system provision would also involve data migration from the current system.
In each instance, full installation and on-going maintenance and support will be required for the lifetime of the contract.
The contract will be for seven (7) years with the options to extend for one (1) + one (1) + one (1) years at the sole discretion of the Council.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 4 000 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
A full list of the Regulation 23(1) and 23(2) criteria are at http://www.delta-esourcing.com/delta/project/reasonsForExclusion.html#pcr
Candidates will be required to answer these questions as part of the qualification process. For candidates who are registered overseas, you will need to declare if you have any offences/misconduct under your own countries laws, where these laws are equivalent to the Regulation 23 lists.
Candidates who have been convicted of any of the offences under Article 45(1) are ineligible and will not be selected to bid, unless there are overriding requirements in the general interest for doing so.
Candidates who are guilty of any of the offences, circumstances or misconduct under Article 45(2) may be excluded from being selected to bid at the discretion of the Authority.
(b) The presentation of balance-sheets or extracts from the balance-sheets, where publication of the balance-sheet is required under the law of the country in which the economic operator is established.
(c) A statement of the undertaking’s overall turnover and, where appropriate, of turnover in the area covered by the contract for a maximum of the last three financial years available, depending on the date on which the undertaking was set up or the economic operator started trading, as far as the information on these turnovers is available.
As per the contract documentation.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
The value of the contract stated, GBP4 million, is for the whole contract, including the options to extend if taken up.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here: https://www.delta-esourcing.com/respond/7SB5H29Z67
GO Reference: GO-2013920-PRO-5138413
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:20.9.2013