Supply of Contract Labour London Gateway
Supply Of Contract Labour For Various Container Terminal Services.
UK-Stanford-le-Hope: business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Gate 2 The Manorway
Contact point(s): Operations Shift Manager
For the attention of: Andrew Allen
SS17 9PD Stanford-le-Hope
Telephone: +44 1375648370
General address of the contracting authority: www.londongateway.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Other: London Gateway Port Limited
Other: Port-related Activities
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
C9503 – Supply Of Contract Labour For Various Container Terminal Services.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 22: Personnel placement and supply services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: London Gateway Port Limited.
Gate 2, The Manorway.
Stanford le Hope.
Essex SS17 9PD.
NUTS code UKH32
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
London Gateway Port Limited wishes to source suppliers for the provision of labour (and associated management) in relation to various operational functions within the port including; manual cargo handling, lashing & securing, plant operation and clerical duties.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
79000000, 79620000, 79623000, 79621000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): no
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
To be confirmed in the invitation to tender.
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
The contracting entity reserves the right to acquire deposits, parent company guarantees, performance guarantee bonds or other forms of appropriate security.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
To be agreed as part of financing package.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Members of a consortium will be required to become jointly and severally liable for the project.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Candidates must answer all the questions in Section III.2. (conditions for participation) by reference to the numbering as set out below. It is prohibited for candidates to collaborate with other candidates, other than with the express written consent of the contracting entity. The contracting entity reserves the right to require any candidate to clarify in writing any information provided in its submission and/or provide additional information (and failure to respond adequately may result in the candidate being disqualified). The contracting entity reserves the right to disqualify immediately any candidate who submits misleading or incomplete information.
1. The name (including previous trading name if different) and nature of the candidate’s organisation eg company, partnership or consortium;
2. Type of organisation, registered number, year of registration, registered address;
3. Contact name, address, telephone and facsimile numbers, and email address for the candidate;
4. In the case of a consortium candidate, the names and legal status of each of the constituent members;
5. Where applicable, the name of the ultimate holding company of the candidate;
6. Where applicable, details of any groups of companies to which the candidate belongs;
7. Regulation 26(3) and regulation 26(5) of the utilities contracts regulations 2006 apply to the qualification process. In its submission the candidate must provide a binding statement that: (a) the matters listed in Regulation 26(1) do not apply and have not applied at any time in the past to the candidate or its directors or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control over the candidate; and (b) the matters listed in Regulation 26(5) do not apply and have not applied at any time in the past to the candidate. In the case of a consortium candidate, the binding statement described above must be provided by each member of the consortium.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: 1. Reference from bankers;
2. A copy of the candidates last three annual reports and audited accounts and details of any material changes in the business corporate structure or financial standing of the candidate since the date of the last set of audited accounts or likely to take effect within the next 12 months;
3. Statement of the overall turnover of the business of the candidate and the turnover relating specifically to labour supply services.
4. Identification of any existing financial commitments or liabilities which could impact adversely on the candidate’s ability to meet this contract requirements;
5. Evidence of insurances and indemnities. In the case of a consortium candidate, equivalent details for 1 to 4 above should be provided for each member of the consortium.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
1. Proof of experience in supplying labour services in the last three years, stating the nature of the project, the cost of the supply and the contract period;
2. Client reference for the previous experience of labour supply;
3. A description of the applicant’s technical facilities including its measures for ensuring quality;
4. A statement of the organisation structure and the qualifications and experience of key management personnel;
5. A statement of the resources, support infrastructure and expertise available and on the applicant’s ability to respond in a timely and efficient manner;
6. Details of quality assurance system in place, if any;
7. Details of safety management and evidence of the standard of safety achieved on work for which the applicant and any subcontractors it intends to use have been responsible.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
Some candidates have already been selected (if appropriate under certain types of negotiated procedures) no
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
C9503 – Supply Of Contract Labour For Various Container Terminal Services
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Time limit for receipt of requests for documents or for accessing documents: 15.8.2012 – 12:00
Payable documents: no
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
16.8.2012 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
This is a recurrent procurement: no
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: no
The contracting entity is not and shall not be liable for any costs incurred by those expressing interest or negotiating or tendering for this contract opportunity. Tenders and all supporting documentation to be priced in pound sterling. Any resulting contract will be considered a contract made in England according to English law. Compliance with all relevant legislation required is required both in the contract award procedure and during the term of any resulting contract. The contracting entity reserves the right not to award a contract, to make whatever changes it sees fit to the structure and timing of the procurement process and to cancel the process in its entirety at any stage.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:18.7.2012