Supply Grants Management and Financial Management Software System
Integrated Grants Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Payroll and Procurement Management System.
United Kingdom-Pirbright: Software package and information systems
Section I: Contracting authority
The Pirbright Institute
Pirbright Laboratory, Ash Road
Contact point(s): Finance Department
For the attention of: Rewa Korn
GU24 0NF Pirbright
Telephone: +44 1483231100
General address of the contracting authority: www.pirbright.ac.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 9: Accounting, auditing and bookkeeping services
NUTS code UKJ23
The requirements are to be met by a reliable, single sign-on (active directory), on-site, integrated system and will include migration, transition, training, implementation and ongoing support and maintenance.
The Authority will seek a live system commencement date of 1.4.2015 for fully tested systems and processes.
The key areas for implementation of a new system include:
1. Grants management capabilities to track a grant concept through to grant award, grant maintenance and grant close. The solution must be able to allocate a scientists salary cost across multiple projects and flow into / update in, the relevant project budgets.
2. Financial management capabilities including: full economic costing (overhead absorption); accounts payable; accounts receivable; fixed assets; general ledger; project ledger; planning; budgeting; forecasting; and cash management.
3. Human resource management capabilities including: recruitment; working terms and conditions; attendance and absence; information and records; transfers; employee relations; legal cases; occupational health; immigration visa’s; housing; learning and development; leavers; time and attendance; and employee self-service.
4. Payroll capabilities, including the potential use of a Bureau Service.
5. Procurement management capabilities including: raising requisitions; processing purchase orders; punch-out to supplier websites; receipting goods and services; managing supplier returns; dangerous goods; identifying orders >10k GBP (quotes); identifying orders >172k GBP (OJEU); stores; inventory; and specialised shipping.
6. Reporting capabilities across all areas of: grants management; financial management; human resource management; payroll; procurement management.
7. Approvals management across all areas of: grants management; financial management; human resource management; payroll; procurement management.
The Authority’s test of the systems ability to be future proofed is to be assessed through the functionality in the following areas:
1. Mobile working / remote working.
2. Integrated workflow across the solution.
3. Management and ease of reporting in grants management; financial management; human resource management; payroll; procurement management.
48000000, 48430000, 48442000, 48443000, 48451000, 48482000, 48490000, 48900000, 72212430, 72212442, 72212443, 72212451, 72212482, 72212900, 72212490
Range: between 200 000 and 400 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Please refer to the PQQ.
Potential tenderers should provide a completed PQQ in accordance with Section Vl.3.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Please refer to the PQQ.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Please see the PQQ and accompanying evaluation criteria.
Payable documents: no
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Authorised officers of the organisation.
Section VI: Complementary information
Any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender. Any queries about this advert should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note: Potential tenderers are required to complete a PQQ to confirm their request to participate. The PQQ, PQQ guidance document and supporting background documents are available. Potential tenderers wishing to receive these documents should please email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org
One electronic copy of the completed PQQ must be returned to email@example.com by the deadline given at IV.3.4).
The Authority expressly reserves the rights: (1) not to award any contract as a result of the procurement process commenced by publication of this notice; (2) to make whatever changes it may see fit to the content and structure of the tendering competition; and (3) in no circumstances will The Pirbright Institute be liable for any costs incurred by the candidates in responding to this OJEU or tendering.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:3.4.2014