Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Greenfield House, Mar Street
Contact point(s): IT Services
For the attention of: Colin MacGillivray
FK10 2AD Alloa
Telephone: +44 1259450000
Fax: +44 1259452230
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.clacksweb.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/search_authprofile.aspx?id=aa00260
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Regional or local authority
General public services
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Supply of Network Infrastructure.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Greenfield, Alloa, FK10 2AD.
NUTS code UKM22
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Supply and deliver the following Bill of Materials by 30th August 2013
8 x J9532A HP 5412-92G-PoE+-2XG v2 zl Switch with Premium Software
16 x J9306A HP 1500W PoE+ zl Power Supply
8 x J9536A HP 20-port Gig-T PoE+ / 2-port 10GbE SFP+ v2 zl Module
56 x J9534A HP 24-port Gig-T PoE+ v2 zl Module
2 x J9145A HP 2910-24G al Switch
2 x J9008A HP 2-port 10GbE SFP+ al Module
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=267756
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=267756.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT: 284 248 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
In the event of a consortium bid, contracts will normally be entered into with the nominated lead organisation and all members of the consortium, who will in these circumstances each be required to execute the contract together with all ancillary documentation, evidencing their joint and several liability in respect of the obligations and liabilities of the contract. It will be for members of the consortium to sort out their respective duties and liabilities amongst each other. For administrative purposes, any associated documentation will be sent to the nominated lead organisation.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(5) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(6) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
(1) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(2) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
31.7.2013 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
There are no ITT documents for this as it is a Supply and Deliver requirement as per the bill of materials shown in this notice.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The Council reserves the right to cancel the tender process at any point. The Council is not liable for any costs resulting from any cancellation of this tender process, nor for any other costs incurred by those tendering for this Contract. In the event that proceedings are brought against Clackmannanshire Council under regulation 47 of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012(SSI 2012 No 88) and the Utilities Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012 (SSI 2012 No 89), as amended, which came into force on 1st May 2012 , the Council reserve the right to suspend the contract until such time as the proceedings are finally determined or to terminate the contract on immediate written notice to the Service Provider without any penalty or damages due to the Council. ITT’s must be completed in the English language. Tenderers are deemed to understand fully the processes that the Council is required to follow under relevant European and UK legislation, particularly in relation to Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012(SSI 2012 No 88) and the Utilities Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012 (SSI 2012 No 89), as amended, which came into force on 1st May 2012. Clackmannanshire Council will incorporate a minimum of 15 calendar day standstill period at the point of information on the award of the contract is communicated to candidates. Unsuccessful candidates may request a summary of reasons as to why their bid was unsuccessful. Such information can be obtained from the address specified in the contract notice.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:
Requirement: Network Hardware