Supply of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning for Royal Mail
Royal Mail Group is seeking expressions of interest for supply only or supply and installation of refrigeration, cooling and air-conditioning systems to replace the existing units which contain the ozone-depleting refrigerant gas (R22). UK-London: installation work of refrigeration equipment
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Royal Mail Group
100 Victoria Embankment
For the attention of: Rufus Salotun
EC4Y 0HQ London
Telephone: +44 2074414486
General address of the contracting entity: http://www.royalmailgroup.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: UK Nationwide including N. Ireland and Scottish Isles.
Number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 6
Duration of the framework agreementDuration in years: 2
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT
Range: between 1 500 000,00 and 2 000 000,00 GBP
Royal Mail Group reserves the right not to include installation in the final framework award and/or any subsequent mini competitive call offs.
Royal Mail Group is unique in reaching everyone in the UK through its mails, post office and parcel businesses. RMG is a key component of the UK’s economic and social infrastructure, providing services to private individuals, companies and communities.
Royal Mail Group is the sole provider of the UK’s universal service, at some of the lowest prices in Europe. Every working day, the business processes and delivers around 62 000 000 items to 28.8 million UK addresses.
Each year, its European and UK parcels businesses – general logistics systems (GLS) and Parcelforce Worldwide – handle some 423 000 000 parcels. In 11,820 Post office branches, it serves around 20 000 000 customers every week.
— RMG is the only UK postal services operator to have achieved carbon trust standard certification,
— More than three-quarters of all direct marketing material is now recycled,
— RMG now recycles 46 % of its waste,
— There are over 500 environment champions to help us reduce our impacts,
— RMG operates from 1 371 delivery offices and 59 mail centres. As part of its modernisation programme, 12 mail centres have been consolidated and have plans to consolidate a further 16 in order to improve efficiency.
An electronic auction (e-auction) may or may not be used to award all or part of the requirements.
Precise quantities are unknown and no volumes are guaranteed. It is anticipated that expenditure will be in the region of 1 500 000 GBP to 2 000 000 GBP for the full life of this contract award although this expenditure is approximate only and the values will be to such levels as necessary to provide suitable requirements across the estate.
Estimated value excluding VAT
Range: between 1 500 000,00 and 2 000 000,00 GBP
Description of these options: After an initial 2 years contract period there will be an option to extend for further 2 years.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 24 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: The selected suppliers will be required to actively participate in the achievement of social and/or environmental objectives. Accordingly contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social, environmental or other corporate social responsibility considerations. Further details of these conditions will be set out in the tender.
Section IV: Procedure
Some candidates have already been selected (if appropriate under certain types of negotiated procedures): no
Additional information about electronic auction: An electronic auction (e-auction) may or may not be used to award all or part of the requirements.
Section VI: Complementary information
Please read all of the following information carefully.
1. Expression of interest: please ensure that you submit an expression of interest promptly so that your detail scan be populated in the Royal Mail Group Electronic Sourcing system (E-Sourcing). This is a necessary first step in order for you to be able to respond to the PQQ;
2. To formally submit an EOI you must firstly download the Applicant details spreadsheet (Excel file) located on the Royal Mail Group Website at: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-suppliers/contract-opportunities;3. The Applicant details spreadsheet should be completed with the details of your organisation. The spreadsheet format should not be amended in any way. Mandatory information required to be added to the spreadsheet is: organisation name; contact telephone number for your organisation; first name of the person who will complete the PQQ; surname of the person who will complete the PQQ; contact number for the person who will complete the PQQ; e-mail address of the person who will be completing the PQQ. Please also complete as much of the non-mandatory information as possible;
3. Following completion of your Applicant details spreadsheet, please e-mail the spreadsheet to the category manager, Rufus Salotun (email@example.com).
Please confirm, if required, which lots(s) you are interested in bidding for;
4. You will then be sent information on how to access the PQQ. The PQQ will be managed using the RMG electronic sourcing system (Esourcing);
5. The pre-qualification questionnaire is accessed via Esourcing. You will need to receive 2 e-mails in order to participate). Once you have submitted your completed Applicant details spreadsheet) you will be provided with your first e-mail (within 48 hours Monday – Friday) which is a log-on to Esourcing, these log-on details shall arrive via RMG@frictionless.com and headed Royal Mail Group RFX. (Please do not e-mail this site unless instructed to do so). On receipt of your log-on information you will then be sent a SECOND e-mail (within 24hours Monday to Friday) from RMG@frictionless.com or RMG, Inviting you to participate in the PQQ [name of the PQQ event]. It is at this point that you will be able to fully access the PQQ and start to complete it;
6. The PQQ will close as noted in IV.3.4.
Please note: your log-on will not be activated until you are formally invited to participate, so please do not try to log-on before you are invited to do so, since your access will be denied.
Post office Ltd will also send all organisations full instructions on how to participate in the online PQQ event.
Section III.2 – requests to participate must be made by supplying all of the information which is set out in the PQQ.
This information must be supplied by the date and time specified in IV.3.4 above. The Contracting Authority may require suppliers to supplement or clarify the information submitted in the PQQ and may also undertake its own audit of the supplier to verify the information provided.
Tenders and all supporting documentation for the contract must be priced in British pounds sterling (unless otherwise specified in the contract documents) and written in English.
Any agreement entered into will be considered a contract made in England according to English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Post Office Ltd is not liable for any costs incurred by those expressing an interest in tendering for this contract opportunity.
Post Office Ltd reserves the right to terminate the procurement process (or part of it), to change the basis of and the procedures for the procurement process at any time, or to procure the contract by alternative means if it appears that the contract can be more advantageously procured by alternative means. Hence, the most economically advantageous tender may not be automatically selected.
All communications must be made through the contact details at I.1.
Please note that an electronic auction (e-auction) may or may not be used to award all or part of the requirements.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:8.3.2012