Supply of Yoghurts NHS Wales
NHS Wales Shared Service Partnership.
Section I: Contracting authority
NHS Wales Shared Service Partnership – Procurement services
Bevan House, 25-30 Lambourne Crescent, Llanishen
For the attention of: Keir (NWSSP Proc – WHS) Warner
CF14 5GF Cardiff
Telephone: +44 2920315460
Fax: +44 2920315450
General address of the contracting authority: www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Organisations & establishments within NHS Wales.
NUTS code UKL
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 24
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 400 000 GBP
15551300, 15551000, 15551320, 15551310
Description of these options: The contracting authority is seeking three year contract with an option to extend at the discretion of the contracting authority for a further period of up to 12 months.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure)
2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box
3. Responding to the tender – Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
Candidates are requested to Provide their profile in NHS-sid4health as follows: – Candidates should register on NHS-sid4health and submit their NHS-sid4health company profile for publication to the system. Candidates already registered on NHS-sid4health must ensure that information is up to date and provide their profile number when responding to this advert. – Where access to NHS-sid4health is unavailable, please contact the NHS-sid4health helpdesk(www.sid4health.nhs.uk).
As pre requirements to complete NHS-sid4health profile or registration with Sell2Wales – see III.2.1 for more information on how to complete information.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Use an electronic reverse auction.
2. If and when this requirement is offered for tender, this may be done in whole or in part via electronic means using the internet.
3. The contracting authority is not bound to award a contract in whole or part.
4. The contracting authority will not bear the tender costs of any of the tenderers.
5. In reference to I.1.9 (variants) to the extent permitted, if at all, in the tender documents.
6. The authority reserves the right to award via a series of lots/baskets which will be specified in the tender and reserves the right to evaluate each lot/basket as a separate contract, it will, however, also factor into any tender evaluation any additional value or benefit from the potential award of multiple lots.
7. Please note that the Invitation to Tender Stage of this procurement will be conducted in two phases.
Phase 1 will comprise of a Technical / Quality phase which will take place in January 2012.
Phase 2 will comprise of the Commercial phase where pricing will be requested.
Please note that bidders will not be allowed to modify any aspects of their submission from the first phase.
Exact timescales for phase 1 and phase 2 of the invitation to tender document will be communicated as part of the tender document in January 2012.
8. Prospective suppliers should note that NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership – Procurement Services is part of Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University NHS Local Health Board acting on behalf of participating NHS organisations in Wales.
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The Authority will allow a minimum 10 calendar day standstill period between notifying the award decision and awarding the contract. Unsuccessful bidders and applicants are entitled to receive reasons for the decision, including the characteristics and relative advantages of the winning bid and the reasons why the bidder/applicant was unsuccessful. Should additional information be required it should be requested of the addressee in section I.1. Aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by breach of the procurement rules have the right to take action in the High Court (England and Wales). Any such action is subject to strict time limits and must be brought promptly. For more information on how to appeal, and the relevant time limits, please see following statement on the Authority’s website: www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk/supply/terms.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:2.4.2012