Supply of Roadstone Across Scotland
Supply and delivery of coated, uncoated, recycled roadstone and ready mixed concrete.
United Kingdom-Paisley: Roadstone
Section I: Contracting authority
Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street
Contact point(s): Scotland Excel Construction Team
For the attention of: Laura Stevenson
PA1 1AR Paisley
Telephone: +44 3003001200
Fax: +44 1416187423
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scotland-excel.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA10383
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
The Scottish Government Core Directorates
Aberdeen City Council
Argyll and Bute Council
City of Edinburgh Council
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Dumfries and Galloway Council
Dundee City Council
East Ayrshire Council
East Dunbartonshire Council
East Lothian Council
East Renfrewshire Council
Glasgow City Council
Moray Council, The
North Ayrshire Council
North Lanarkshire Council
Orkney Islands Council
Perth and Kinross Council
Scottish Borders Council
Shetland Islands Council
South Ayrshire Council
South Lanarkshire Council
West Dunbartonshire Council
West Lothian Council
Associate members of Scotland Excel (full details will be provided in the tender document)
Tayside Contracts (full details will be provided in the tender document)
Scottish Further and Higher Education Funding Council (full details will be provided in the tender document)
Scottish National Health Service Authorities and Trusts (full details will be provided in the tender document)
Scottish Prison Service — All establishments owned and managed by the Scottish Ministers through the Scottish Prison Service providing secure accomodation for persons ordered to be detained in custody by order of the Scottish Courts or the Scottish Government (full details will be provided in the tender document)
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Various locations throughout the geographical boundaries of the participating Councils and associate members within Scotland.
NUTS code UKM
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 40
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 140 000 000 GBP
Note: The authority is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code 1636 within the appropriate area.
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
44113140, 44113320, 44114100, 44114000, 44113600, 44113610, 44113300, 44113310
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
Information about lots
Lot No: 1 Lot title: Coated roadstone
44113320, 44113310, 44113300, 44113610, 44113600
— hot road asphalt,
— stone mastic asphalt,
— surface course,
— binder course,
— asphalt concrete.
— uncoated quarry stone,
— granular sub base (Type 1 and Type 2),
— single size stone,
— recycled hot rolled asphalt.
— ready mixed,
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(1) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(3) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(4) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(5) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(6) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(7) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Financial. Weighting 80
2. Technical. Weighting 20
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2013/S 150-260401 of 3.8.2013
Scotland Excel Head Office, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1AR.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Scotland Excel Officers and Members.
Section VI: Complementary information
Scotland Excel intends to use an electronic tendering system in this procurement exercise. Please register using the link:- www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk to download the tender documentation Bravo Ref. project 1636, ITT Number 3123 SXL — Roadstone Qualification and Technical envelope
**This ITT MUST be completed first**
Please note that each lot can be downloaded individually and associated ITT are Lot 1 ITT 3124, Lot 2 ITT 3125, Lot 3 ITT 3126 and Lot 4 ITT 3127
**The tender documents are only available to access online.**
**The tender documents will not be sent to you.**
Community Benefits will apply.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:27.2.2014