Supply Rock Salt to MOD
The General Supplies team, which forms part of Leidos Supply Ltd. is considering the potential requirement for the Supply of Rock Salt on behalf of the UK MOD.
The Supply of Rock Salt
- Mining, basic metals and related products – 14000000
- Salt and pure sodium chloride – 14400000
- Rock salt – 14410000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£375,000 to £940,000
4 March 2021
Approach to market date
22 April 2021
Contract start date
6 September 2021
Contract end date
5 September 2025
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The General Supplies team, which forms part of Leidos Supply Ltd. is considering the potential requirement for the Supply of Rock Salt on behalf of the UK MOD consisting of one lot with the following categories:-
Bulk Rock Salt
Jumbo Bag Rock Salt
25kg bagged Rock Salt
The framework length should not exceed 4 years, and is anticipated to commence in 2021. The value of this framework is estimated to be between £375k to £940k. This estimated value is based on historical spend in addition to forward planning for the increased likelihood of severe winters in the future. Deliveries will be to all parts of the UK
If interested, Suppliers should respond to this PIN in order to receive a Request For Information questionnaire, and a DRAFT version of the Schedule of Requirements (SOR). Please note: this PIN is for information only (market research) and is not a pre-qualification exercise. In addition, please note that as a framework agreement there is no guarantee of business.
Team Leidos are proud to be delivering the logistics commodities and services transformation (LCS(T)) Delivery partner contracts (LCS (T)/0001 dated 16.4.2015) on behalf of the UK Ministry of Defence (the ‘Prime Contract’). Delivery of other parts of the LCS(T) contract are delivered by Leidos Europe Ltd (LEL) and other partners (together ‘Team Leidos’). This requirement is subject to the EU Public Procurement Regulations and respective advertising action.
With the continuing development of the LCST programme Leidos reserve the right to: (i) add additional in scope items to the Schedule of Requirement (SoR) during the life of the contract (any such items will fall within the scope of the Common Procurement Vocabulary Codes (CPV) Codes listed in the OJEU Contract Notice)and/or (ii) to manage the range of items supplied under the Agreement (for instance, by delisting slow moving or obsolescent items and/or adding new/replacement in-scope items).
- Additional text
- In April 2015 the MOD signed a thirteen year contract with Leidos Europe Ltd to provide the procurement and inventory management of commodity items (as well as the storage and distribution services) historically provided in-house by the Logistic Commodities and Services Operating Centre. Leidos, working with the MOD, will transform the way these services are delivered to ensure requirements continue to be met whilst providing best value for money for the department. The organisation delivering these services is known as Team Leidos. Team Leidos would like to make interested suppliers aware that it intends to invite tenders for its supply and delivery of Rock Salt.
Team Leidos wishes to stimulate interest, information and views across the market for the fulfilment of this requirement via this PIN.
This prior information notice is not a means to submit a formal expression of interest in respect of any potential tender. Any resultant requirement will be subject to the EU Public Procurement Regulations and respective advertising action.
Please note all information provided to organisations or individuals that respond to this notice should be treated as Confidential, and not shared further without express written permission from Leidos Supply Ltd.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
8 Monarch Court, The Brooms, Emersons Green
- Leeds City Council Minor Works Contractor Framework 2021-2025
- Devon County Council Minor Engineering Works Framework 2022-2026
- Highways England Concrete Roads Programme – Reconstruction Framework – Tender Launch Event
- Highways England Concrete Roads Programme – Design Framework – Tender Launch Event