Supply Student Engagement and Analysis Solution to Lancaster University
Lancaster University is looking for a student engagement and analysis solution to support its approach to student and engagement.
Student engagement and analysis solution
- IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support – 72000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£300,000 to £375,000
13 August 2021
8 September 2021
Contract start date
1 March 2022
Contract end date
28 February 2025
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Lancaster University is looking for a student engagement and analysis solution to support its approach to student and engagement. A number of factors have led to the need for a new approach to student attendance and engagement monitoring and reporting:
1) Changes to the University’s processes and systems for production of the teaching timetable have meant we can no longer display student attendance at timetabled events in our current systems
2) The learnings from our response to the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in longer-term changes to teaching delivery, with an increased adoption of blended modes of in-person and online (synchronous or asynchronous) teaching and learning
3) The UK Visa and Immigration authority have changed their expectations for Universities’ monitoring and reporting of international students studying in the UK on a student visa, moving from a focus on attendance to engagement.
4) We know that one of the key factors in student success is attendance at scheduled teaching events and active engagement with the full range of learning environments and resources.
5) Early identification of those students whose levels of attendance and engagement are cause for concern means academic departments and central student services can act to identify any issues that might be preventing student engagement and to put in place additional support to aid their fuller engagement.
Interventions can result not only in improved student outcomes in terms of performance in assessment, but also in improved retention rates, higher student satisfaction and in better degree outcomes, all of which have direct positive impact on the University’s league table performance and student recruitment. In addition, increased retention supports financial stability as projected tuition fee income is secured.
Lancaster university has an in house developed student records system, but we are seeking a system that can integrate with data from that system but be separate from it, and cloud provided.
Such a system should deliver:
1) Early identification of students potentially at risk of under-performing and/or withdrawing from university
2) At-a-glance information for academic departments and central services to see communications / interactions already undertaken to support students identified as at risk
3) Increased student performance
4) Increased student retention
5) Increased user satisfaction
6) Projected tuition fee income realised
7) Increased ability to meet regulatory body compliance requirements (UKVI, SLC etc.)
8) Improved league table performance as degree outcomes improve and student satisfaction is increased
- Tender Notice
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- This tender is being conducted electronically using the Lancaster University e-tendering system which can be found at https://in-tendhost.co.uk/lancaster/
To receive documents new users must first register and obtain log in details. Existing users should log in to the web site and express interest.Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer