Supported Living Service – Care and Support – Soft Market Testing
The Commissioners are undertaking some soft market testing to gain views on 1) Housing Management and 2) Care and Support.
Soft Market Testing – Care and Support element within Supported Living Service
Brighton and Hove City Council
- Social work and related services – 85300000
Location of contract
Pretender Engagement 2
15 February 2021
26 February 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Please note that this is not a call for competition.
Brighton & Hove City Council are looking to create accommodation and support to enable more adults under 65 with physical disabilities, sensory needs and/or brain injuries to live more independently in their own homes. Similar services are described as Supported Living, Extra Care or Assisted Living.
To assist with the Business Case and Options Appraisal the Commissioners are undertaking some soft market testing to gain views on 1) Housing Management and 2) Care and Support. This gives potential providers the opportunity to express their interests and feed in their views about the potential delivery model. This process does not constitute a formal tender or other competitive bidding process. The commissioners are using this process solely to test the market to gather information and ascertain the level of interest in this particular service and will use the information to appraise options and further develop the specification. Potential bidders will not be prejudiced by any response or failure to respond to the soft market testing.
The accommodation will comprise of a block of self-contained flats with some communal areas. The majority of flats will be fully accessible to people in wheelchairs and will be developed to a high standard. There will be 3 distinct areas: 1 for a small group of young people aged 18-25, 1 for a small group of people who have behavioural needs associated with their disability and the majority for people with physical disabilities.
The aims and objectives of the service are:
• To provide housing, support, care and leisure/recreational activities for people aged 18-55 to enable them to live independent lives within a vibrant community
• To deliver services in ways designed to maximise the level of choice and control
• To provide a real alternative to residential care; with flexible care options available to suit the assessed needs of individuals
• To support the individuals’ involvement in their social networks and the community and prevent social isolation
A business case is being developed with a potential site in Hove that we are considering refurbishing or rebuilding. The business case will consider 2 different options:
1. Option 1: 17 flats for people with medium to high support needs (28 – 63 hours per week)
2. Option 2: 27 flats for people with low, medium and high needs (10 – 63 hours per week)
Housing Management, repairs and maintenance will be provided separately and individuals will have their own tenancy. There is a separate Soft Market Testing exercise for this element entitled ‘Soft Market Testing – Design & Build and/or Housing management of a Supported Living Service’
Please complete the attached questionnaire and email your response by the closing date.
- Market Studies
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Hove Town Hall, Norton Road