Tax Consultancy Contract
The Carbon Trust Group Statutory Audit, Assurance Services and Tax Consultancy Contract.
United Kingdom-London: Tax consultancy services
Section I: Contracting authority
The Carbon Trust
4th Floor, Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street
For the attention of: David Higham
SE1 9NT London
Telephone: +44 2071707000
Fax: +44 201707020
General address of the contracting authority: www.carbontrust.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 9: Accounting, auditing and bookkeeping services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: 4th Floor, Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT, UK.
NUTS code UK
(1) the procurement of statutory audit on behalf of the Carbon Trust and its subsidiaries. The appointment will be made annually, although the expectation is that the selected audit firm would be reappointed, subject to audit committee / board and shareholder agreement, each year. The current intention is therefore that the selected audit firm would be in place for 5 years, with an option to reappoint annually up to a further 5 years. The service provider will be aware of the shareholders’ and members’ statutory right to appoint and change their auditor on an annual basis;
(2) the assurance services portion of the contract covers related reporting to government and/or other grant funders and FCA for various group companies and other work as required and will be completed by the statutory auditor;
(3) the tax consultancy covers provision of general taxation advice and preparation and completion of the group companies’ corporate tax returns.
79221000, 79212300, 79212000, 79211000
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 700 000 and 800 000 GBP
Description of these options: The Carbon Trust will have the option of extending the contract from an initial intended term of 5 years (as described above) by annual increments for up to a maximum of 10 years (as further described above).
Number of possible renewals: 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
2. A statement covering the 3 previous financial years of the bidder of the overall turnover of the bidder’s business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: 1. The service provider has adequate professional risk indemnity insurance.
2. Evidence of service provider’s ability to perform the services required.
1. The service provider’s technical ability, taking into account in particular that bidder’s skills, efficiency, experience and reliability.
2. A statement of the principal services provided by the service provider in the past 3 years.
3. A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the service provider to:
(a) carry out the work under the contract; or
(b) be involved in the provision of the services under the contract.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
1. Evidence of service provider’s ability to perform the services required.
2. Experience of working with third sector clients, government clients, energy and utility company clients, and venture capital clients.
3. Statutory audit qualification under the Companies Act 2006 (particularly those responsible for quality control, and whether or not they are independent of the economic operator).
4. Evidence of international coverage explaining the service provider’s capability to support services in China, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, and the U.S.
5. A brief explanation of the service provider’s model to prepare corporation tax returns and audit the corporation tax position.
6. The service provider’s ability to attend to meetings at the Carbon Trust at low cost and on short notice.
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: All service providers must be statutory auditors for the purposes of the Companies Act 2006. This is a pre-condition to being able to participate in this tender process.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Technical capacity.. Weighting 90
2. Economic and financial ability.. Weighting 10
Section VI: Complementary information
Tenderers must respond to Section III.2 (Conditions for participation) by midnight on 8.12.2013. The Carbon Trust will evaluate the responses to Section III.2 in order to select the entities who will be sent the Invitation to Tender. The responses to Section III.2.1 – III.2.3 will be weighed as set out below.
Information giving in respect of Section III.3.2 will fall within Section III.2.3.
Section III.3.1 is a precondition to being considered. If Section III.3.1 is not satisfied, you will not be permitted to participate further in the tender process and your responses to Section III will not be further considered.
The High Court
The Royal Courts of Justice, Strand
WC2A 2LL London
Telephone: +44 2079476000
Internet address: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:7.11.2013