Tender for Community Care Information Solution for Welsh Government
In order to support the achievement of Welsh Government aims, Local Authorities of the Welsh Systems Consortium and from across Wales are working with NHS Wales organisations to jointly specify and select a single Community Care Information Solution.
UK-Bridgend: System, storage and content management software package
Section I: Contracting authority
Bridgend County Borough Council
Procurement Unit, Raven’s Court, Brewery Lane
CF31 4AP Bridgend
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: UKL
NUTS code UKL
In order to support the achievement of Welsh Government aims, Local Authorities of the Welsh Systems Consortium and from across Wales are working with NHS Wales organisations to jointly specify and select a single Community Care Information Solution. This solution will support information sharing requirements, Case Management and Workflow management for the Participating Organisations across Wales.
Bridgend County Borough Council is leading a collaborative project initially involving the following:
– Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
– Bridgend County Borough Council
– Ceredigion County Council
– Gwynedd County Council
– Powys County Council
– Torfaen County Borough Council
– Wrexham County Borough Council
– Ynys Mon County Borough Council
NHS Wales Organisations
In addition to the Local Authorities listed other members of the collaboration include NHS Wales Informatics Service (NWIS), which represent Local Health Boards, Trusts and Universities in Wales, in particular but not limited to:
– Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Local Health Board
– Aneurin Bevan Local Health Board
– Betsi Cadwaladr University Local Health Board
– Cardiff and Vale University Local Health Board
– Cwm Taf Local Health Board
– Powys Teaching Local Health Board
– Public Health Wales
– Hywel Dda Local Health Board
– Velindre NHS Trust
– Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust
Any organisations listed above are not obliged to take up this option if they feel the final solution does not meet their requirements.
The project is open to include additional Local Authorities across Wales by providing a common software platform for Commissioning Services, those Authorities include:
– Caerphilly County Borough Council
– Carmarthenshire County Council
– City and County of Cardiff
– Conwy County Borough Council
– Denbighshire County Borough Council
– Flintshire County Council
– Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
– Monmouthshire County Borough Council
– Neath Port Talbot County Council
– Newport City Council
– Pembrokeshire County Council
– Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council
– City and County of Swansea
– Vale of Glamorgan County Borough Council
The Authorities have not confirmed full participation at the time of advert but have agreed to be named and may at their discretion choose to participate at a later date.
The Community Care Information Solution will deliver functionality for Social Services, Community Health and Mental Health providers in Wales.
The Participating Organisations are seeking to procure a Contract for an off the shelf solution with the ability (where required) to enhance existing functionality in order to satisfy the full existing scope, as well as anticipating future requirements.
Participating organisations intend to implement new Community Care Information Solutions and/or replace their existing systems over time. It is essential that a suitable and flexible Arrangement is established which will deliver the benefits of acting nationally whilst offering a degree of adaptation and localisation of the solution to reflect specific needs.
The scope of the procurement will include a single supplier solution for the support of Social Care, Community Health and Mental Health and will consist of a comprehensive range of services which may include some or all of the following, hardware, software, training, testing, implementation, maintenance, project management support and other associated services.
The new solution procured must be capable of delivering and meeting the following needs:
– Improved governance in ensuring that timely access to information is improved.
– Support delivery of National Outcome Frameworks
– Improved ability to manage service demand and delivery
– Improved security of person identifiable data
– Increased support for redesign of overlapping services
– Better sharing of relevant data across service providers and boundaries
– Deliver systems interoperability within and between organisations
– A consistent approach to exchanging information with others
– Access models to control viewing and sharing of information held on the system
– Improved access to services for Clients
– Support delivery of care closer to home
– Support delivery of Citizen-centred care, with improved individual case control
– Support charging mechanisms for services provided to Clients
– The ability to demonstrate Value for Money
– Support, where appropriate, other national information and business strategies
– Be implemented in a fully supported manner within the required timescales
Due to the complexity of the project it is the intention of the Project Group to follow a Competitive Dialogue process leading to the award of this tender. A Pre-Qualification Questionnaire will form part of this process. Scoring criteria and scoring methodology/weightings will be included within the PQQ document and subsequent ITPD (Invitation to Participate in Dialogue) and ISFT (Invitation to Submit a Final Tender)documents issued.
This process will be undertaken via an E-Tendering Portal through XchangeWales/Bravo Solutions. For further information and help/support in registering please go to the following web page –https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Pre-Qualification Questionnaire and ITT documents can be found at the above web address, all information must be downloaded and returned through this channel.
Invitation to Tender documents will include details/guidance of the Competitive Dialogue Process, including Criteria and scoring methodology/weightings. These documents will be issued to all companies who are successful in progressing beyond the PQQ stage.
Community Benefits do not apply to this contract
Description of these options: It is anticipated that the contract will commence on 1st April 2014.
The contract will be for a minimum period of eight years, with an option to extend for a further period of up to four years.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 96 (from the award of the contract)
Number of possible renewals: Range: between 12 and 48
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 180 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Please refer to PQQ documentation for full instructions
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 105-175120 of 5.6.2012
Payable documents: no
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 12 Years
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:7.3.2013