Tender for Domestic and International Tourism Marketing Campaigns
Marketing campaigns on this project will aim to attract domestic overnight / city break / short break leisure visitors pre, during and post the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Domestic and International Tourism Marketing Campaigns and Services for the Business and Tourism Programme
West Midlands Growth Company Ltd e-Tendering
- Travel services – 63515000
- Travel management services – 63516000
- Advertising and marketing services – 79340000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£550,000 to £612,231
4 May 2021
4 June 2021
Contract start date
12 July 2021
Contract end date
28 February 2023
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Marketing campaigns on this project will aim to attract domestic overnight / city break / short break leisure visitors pre, during and post the Games using a mixed media approach (online and offline) to target the relevant audiences at different stages in their awareness, consideration and booking journeys. While this programme is closely aligned to the Commonwealth Games, this project focuses specifically on tourism promotion. Note these campaigns are intended to complement and enhance the Games-focused marketing campaigns. Furthermore, at the heart of the Games will be a cultural programme, a world-class arts festival running March to September 2022, surrounding the sports programme. The power of art and culture to bring people together, celebrate our identities and find common ground will be central to the Games. For this a six-month programme of new work, installations, exhibitions, performances and major events will showcase the artists, creatives and cultural organisations of Birmingham, the West Midlands and the Commonwealth, on a global stage. The cultural programme will be developed and delivered by the Organising Committee of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games. The winning Tenderer for the Cultural Festival: International Campaign will develop and deliver international marketing campaign activities and assets for the Cultural Festival that will change perceptions of the West Midland’s region as a cultural tourism destination and drive visits to the Festival and beyond; they will deliver the digital marketing campaign, content and assets for priority consumer markets in Australia, India, Canada and East Coast USA; they will produce content and assets to support FAM trips and PR events for international media, influencers and travel trade partners; they will repurpose the creative content and assets as a legacy media-bank for the ongoing marketing of the West Midlands as a cultural tourism destination. In delivering the above, they will work with WMCG marketing team and its PR and Media Buying suppliers, setting, tracking and monitoring agreed KPIs. To ensure the success of the Business and Tourism Programme, a number of marketing assets are required to support activities across the leisure tourism and MICE (business tourism) work packages, covering the delivery of sales tools, collateral and campaign material for travel trade (B2B) activities such as creation of an Event Planners Guide covering Birmingham and the West Midlands is required and supporting lead generation activities. Lastly, To ensure the success of the Business and Tourism Programme, a suite of new imagery and videos assets are required to support activities across the leisure tourism and MICE workstreams. The programme will require a bank of new imagery for our travel trade workstream. The new imagery should display diversity and inclusivity and be relatable to our key target travel trade markets: Australia, India and Canada. Further details will be worked through …
- Tender Notice
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- This procurement exercise is being conducted using In-Tend (e-tendering platform . All tenderers wishing to participate in this tender process are required to register on this link https://in-tendhost.co.uk/wmgrowth/aspx/Registration and use the Register / Sign In button which is located on the left hand side of the page and complete the registration forms. Following registration, an e-mail will be sent to you advising of your user ID along with a reminder of your e-mail address and password. Details of the project are located under the current tenders link which is also where you can express an interest and receive the documentation. Once you have done this you must log back into the website using the details provided following registration and locate the contract document under Tenders, My Tenders on the menu. The Tender should be received no later than Friday 4th June 2021
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
2 Centenary Square
+44 (0)121 202 5016