Tender for Ground Investigation Works – Birmingham
Provision of an intrusive ground investigation at the former site of Birmingham’s Wholesale Market.
Ground Investigation for Smithfield Development (former site of Birmingham’s Wholesale Markets)
Birmingham City Council
- Site preparation work – 45100000
- Site preparation and clearance work – 45111200
- Ground investigation work – 45111250
Location of contract
Value of contract
9 February 2021
23 February 2021
Contract start date
5 March 2021
Contract end date
31 August 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Birmingham City Council requires a supplier for the provision of an intrusive ground investigation at the former site of Birmingham’s Wholesale Market (WSM). The findings of the investigation will provide a better understanding of on-site conditions in context with the wider, mixed-use and transformational Birmingham Smithfield development. The site currently presents as being predominantly hard standing, comprising old concrete floor slabs and roads associated with the former WSM.
The objective of the proposed GI is to carry out deeper exploration by rotary cored and cable percussive boreholes:
1. Drilling into the Sandstone and the River Terrace Deposits; the Birmingham Fault being orientated north-east/south-west and mapped crossing the former WSM site.
Where possible, deep boreholes will be taken to sufficient depths, to provide initial data for geotechnical design principals; ideally extending 5m below the base of any pile foundation.
2. Cable percussive boreholes to investigate more generally across the site, to extend below the Made Ground, particularly where previous window sample boreholes were unable to penetrate into the natural underlying strata.
This contract is for a period of 5 months commencing 5th March 2021, until satisfactory completion of the investigation and delivery of the report, subject to approval by the Council.
The Council will be using its free to use e-tendering system (in-tend) for the administration of this procurement process and potential suppliers must register with the system to be able to express an interest. If you wish to express an interest in this opportunity please click on the following link to access https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc/ and submit your details to register. You will then be sent details on how to log on which will enable you to download all relevant quotation documentation.
If you are unable to register with In-tend or have any questions or problems on how to use this web site please either email us at: email@example.com or call CPS Helpdesk on 0121 464 8000.
Your completed quotation submission should be returned by noon on 23rd February 2021 via the ‘in-tend’ system https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc
- Tender Notice
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- If you are interested in tendering please click on the following link to access Birmingham City Council’s tender Portal.
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
10 Woodcock Street
0121 303 6962