Tender for Outsourced Security Services – Southampton
The University Security Service is responsible for security at all sites which are owned by or leased by the University.
Outsourced Security Services at The University of Southampton
University of Southampton
- Security services – 79710000
- Patrol services – 79715000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£9,100,000 to £10,500,000
15 October 2021
24 November 2021
Contract start date
3 September 2022
Contract end date
2 September 2027
Restricted procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The University Security Service is responsible for security at all sites which are owned by or leased by the University. However, the Service also extends to other sites and properties, which may, from time to time, be used by the University in pursuance of its activities. The teams who provide security in halls and the library are responsible for evening and weekend concierge services.
The aim of the University’s overall Security Service is to:
• Prevent unauthorised access to University premises.
• Protect life and limb of all persons on the premises.
• Protect University property and all other property on University premises.
• Protect confidential and sensitive information.
• Maintain an efficient security structure based on prevention of problems and attacks.
• Maintain a level of security consistent with the academic freedom in an environment of learning.
• To provide a first point of contact for students at reception points in line with the University’s customer service expectations.
• To provide an approachable, professional, and above all, customer-focused service at all times.
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- E-Tendering Portal: The University is utilising an electronic tendering tool, In-Tend (https://intendhost.co.uk/ (https://intendhost.co.uk/)
universityofsouthampton) to manage this procurement and to communicate with potential suppliers and/or tenderers (as appropriate).All documentation in relation to this tender can be downloaded from In-Tend.
Potential suppliers/tenderers are advised that there will be no hard copy documents issued and all communications with the University, including the submission of Selection Stage and/or Invitation to Tender responses will be conducted via In-Tend.
Regular monitoring of the portal is the responsibility of the potential supplier/tenderer.
If you are not already registered as a supplier with the University of Southampton, you will need to register in
In-Tend in order to access the procurement documentation.
Once you have logged in as a supplier: click on ‘Tenders’; locate the relevant project; and click ‘View Details’. Once you are in the project screen, you will be able to register your organisation against the project and access all documentation by clicking ‘Express Interest’.
Potential suppliers/tenderers are advised that formal expressions of interest in the project must be by way of completion and return of the relevant documents via In-Tend.
Further instructions for the submission of responses are below:
To submit your return:
1. Log in
2. Click ‘Tenders’
3. Locate the relevant project
4. View details
5. Click on the tab relating to the relevant project stage(e.g. ‘Invitation to Tender’)
6. Click on the ‘Attach Documents’ button and upload your return.
7. Check ALL your response documents are uploaded and displayed in the ‘My Tender Return’ panel. The system will only permit your organisation to make one return.
8. Click the red ‘Submit Return’ button.
Please note, to preserve the integrity of the procurement, all communications with the University must be made via the correspondence function within In-Tend.
Publication of Award Details: In accordance with Regulation 50, paragraph (2) of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and subject to Article 5 and Annex 5,Part D (13) of Directive 2014/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council (if applicable), the University intends to publish the value of any resulting contract at the award stage, and reserves the right to do so. By submitting a response, potential suppliers/tenderers are consenting to publication of this information unless otherwise agreed in advance with the University.
Costs and Expenses: Potential suppliers/tenderers are solely responsible for their costs and expenses incurred in connection with the preparation and submission of responses and participation in this and all future stages of this procurement. Under no circumstances will the University be liable for any costs or expenses borne by potential suppliers/tenderers or any of their supply chain, partners or advisers in this procurement process.
The University is not liable for any costs in the event of the cancellation of this procurement process.
Service to be undertaken across the University estate.
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : Yes
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.