Tender for Public Relations and Social Media Strategy
The Open University is seeking to appoint an integrated comms agency partner that can provide strategic leadership and delivery of pan UK OU marketing and comms strategy.
United Kingdom-Milton Keynes: Public relations services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Postal address: Walton Hall
Town: Milton Keynes
NUTS code: UKJ12 Milton Keynes
Postal code: MK7 6BP
Country: United Kingdom
Contact person: Procurement Manager
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Provision of Pan UK Integrated Comms — Public Relations (B2B, B2C) and Social Media Strategy/PRO/OJEU/2020
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The Open University (OU) is seeking to appoint an integrated comms agency partner that can provide strategic leadership and delivery of pan UK OU marketing and comms strategy (B2B portfolio, media relations, consumer and social). The focus will be primarily on UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) media outlets with the potential provision to expand reach internationally in the future.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.3)Place of performance
Milton Keynes, Bucks, ENGLAND.
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The Open University is looking for an agency partner capable of delivering fully integrated campaigns that focusses on raising the profile of the Open University in the B2B arena, national, regional, consumer and social environments. The agency must be creative and have the ability to be responsive and flexible in raising the profile of the OU’s strategic priorities.
Media relations: corporate and consumer and social media strategy
The successful agency partner will be highly collaborative in supporting us to move to more proactive, higher frequency and higher impact integrated comms, enabling us to maximise opportunities whilst building brand reputation and awareness.
• the Open University will require the winning Agency to work as an extension to our comms and social teams on both a reactive and proactive basis as required.
• we expect the Agency to play an instrumental role in driving stronger integrated comms targeting different audiences (general public, younger and harder to reach audiences) across multiple channels sectors.
• using our wide range of brand and campaign assets including BBC partnership, our world class academics, students, alumni, business and government partners and innovative technology, we need to be bolder at setting the agenda to ensure the OU is front of mind.
B2B: PR and Social Media Strategy
The Open University will require the winning agency to develop, with appropriate support from the OU, a 6 to 12-month campaign plan that can be immediately implemented following the awarding of the contract. The campaign should satisfy the following requirements:
1) Be an integrated PR and Social campaign that focusses on raising the profile of the Open University in the B2B arena including apprenticeships, skills and productivity, digital transformation, recruitment and retention and management, health and social care and leadership.
2) In addition to maximising existing annual activity such as the business barometer report, the agency will harness a range of creative and innovative ideas that meet the OU’s objectives with clearly defined timelines/schedule, e.g. explore more agile mechanics and virtual events.
3) Clearly identify the target audience and how the campaign will influence and inspire key decision makers.
4) Work closely with key internal stakeholders including BDU contacts, OU Media and Social, Faculties and Nations.
5) Appropriately capitalise on daily media opportunities or ‘newsjacking’ specifically related to activities outlined in the campaign plan.
6) Elevate senior Business Development Unit (B2B) spokespeople in various remits and develop the profile of the Corporate Director as the voice of the Open University to a business audience.
7) Development of strategic thought leadership pieces to raise profiles of key sectors with the OU leading the conversation. Including working in partnership with third party organisations or authors where relevant, to raise credibility and reach to target audiences.
8) Ensure all messaging is fully integrated across OU B2B channels and OU channels.
9) Deliver strategic guidance on how to maximise PR/social channels ensuring effective integration.
10) The winning agency will work collaboratively with internal teams, external partners and specialists to deliver key strategic communications.
11) The winning agency will deliver polling and survey-based reports, effectively managing and evaluating the campaign according the agreed procedures.
12) The winning agency will ensure live activity is recorded in a shared document accessible to all stakeholders in the Open University’s agency account team.
13) All PR and Social activity must be approved by the Open University representative prior to any work being undertaken by the winning agency. In addition, the winning agency will not approach national journalists on behalf of the Open University without it first being authorised by the relevant OU contact.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
2 x 12 months as agreed between the two parties.
II.2.9)Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.3)Estimated date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
VI.4.2)Body responsible for mediation procedures
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: