Queue Management System
- London Borough of Bromley
- Queue Management System
- 30000000 – Office and computing machinery, equipment and supplies except furniture and software packages
39000000 – Furniture (incl. office furniture), furnishings, domestic appliances (excl. lighting) and cleaning products
48000000 – Software package and information systems
72000000 – IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support
- Additional Categorisation(s):
- The London Borough of Bromley is seeking a specialist supplier to provide, install and maintain an electronic ICT based Queue Management System (QMS).
- In spring 2012, new reception facilities will open in the Bromley Civic Centre and effective management of customers and face to face contact is essential to the success of this programme.
- Overview of the Borough’s Requirements:
- The QMS must be fair, systematic and enable easy self-service for customers presenting at the civic offices either by appointment or ‘walk in’. The QMS must minimise waiting times for customers and enable maximum staff productivity. The QMS must display queue information via electronic screens, facilitate advertising via the screens, provide detailed management reporting and integrate seamlessly with the Council’s existing appointment management system.
- It is envisaged that upon arrival the customer would use the use the QMS to select a queue to join depending on their enquiry type, they would then be issued a number, directed to the waiting area, and then called forward to be served by the next available advisor. The same principles would apply for customers checking in with an appointment; the QMS should recognise them as having an appointment, then place them in the appropriate queue and prioritise them above ‘walk in’ customers to ensure they are seen at their appointment time. The QMS would call customers forward via both visual and audible notification.
- The Council is looking to purchase the system and ongoing support for it for a minimum period of five years. Suitably qualified and experienced organisations are invited to submit tenders by the 23rd of December.
- Mr Kevan Twohy
- Email Address:
- Bromley Civic Centre
- Estimated contract start date:
- Estimated contract end date:
- Expression of interest start date:
- 06/12/2011 12:00
- Expression of interest end date:
- 23/12/2011 12:00
- Contract Period:
- 60 (months)
- Anticipated Extension Period:
- 24 (months)
- Number of Anticipated Extensions: