Tender for Sales Agency Services
VisitScotland. UK-Edinburgh: marketing services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Ocean Point One, 94 Ocean Drive
For the attention of: Campbell Forsyth, Procurement Manager
EH6 6JH Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1415664037
Fax: +44 1415664074
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.visitscotland.org
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00118
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Body governed by public law
Other: Tourist Board
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Provision of sales Agency Services – Germany (Business Tourism).
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 13: Advertising services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Germany.
NUTS code DE
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves the establishment of a framework agreement
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
Framework agreement with a single operator
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 36
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
VisitScotland’s Business Tourism Unit is seeking a Sales Agency for the German-speaking market which is capable of generating and converting business for Scotland.
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=219142
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=219142.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
VisitScotland’s marketing activities are intended to raise awareness of and demand for Scotland as a destination for meetings, conferences and incentives. VisitScotland’s Business Tourism Unit is seeking a sales agency for the German-speaking market which is capable of generating and converting business for Scotland by pro-actively building / maintaining a comprehensive database and pursuing sales prospects.
The Sales Agency must have had travel or tourism clients previously and experience of the German-speaking Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions (MICE) market. Whilst the priority market is Germany, some activity may be required in Austria and Switzerland. The scope of activity will include: direct marketing, sales lead generation, exhibitions, sales missions, familiarisation trips and provision of market insights. They should have (or quickly develop) a good working knowledge of the Scottish MICE product.
Please note that the tendered value includes expenses.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 240 000 and 270 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: This contract shall be let on an initial 12 month basis with the option to extend by a further 2 x 12 month periods, solely at the discretion of the Purchase.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: yes
Number of possible renewals: 2
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to provide a reference from their bank.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Quality. Weighting 40
2. Capacity. Weighting 30
3. Cost. Weighting 30
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Time limit for receipt of requests for documents or for accessing documents: 7.3.2012
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
14.3.2012 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Duration in months: 3 (from the date stated for receipt of tender)
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening tenders
Date: 14.3.2012 – 12:00
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: yes
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): There is a potential that this contract may be used for ERDF funded programmes.
This contract shall be let on an initial 12 month basis with the option to extend by a further 2 x 12 month periods, solely at the discretion of the purchaser.
Please note that the tender value includes expenses.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: VisitScotland will incorporate a minimum of 10 calendar day standstill period at the point of information on the award of the contract is communicated to tenderers. This period allows unsuccessful tenderers to seek further debriefing from the contracting authority before the contract is entered into. Applicants have 2 working days from the notification of the award decision to request additional debriefing and that information has to be provided a minimum of 3 working days before the expiry of the standstill period. Such additional information should be required from Campbell Forsyth as determined at point I.1 of this notice. If an appeal regarding the award of contract has not been successfully resolved The Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2006 (SSI 2006 No1) provide for aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by a breach of the rule to take action in the Sheriff Court or Court of Session. Any such action must be brought promptly (generally within 3 months). Where a contract has not been entered into the Court may order the setting aside of the award decision or order the authority to amend any document and may award damages. If the contract has been entered into the Court may only award damages. The purpose of the standstill period referred to above is to allow parties to apply to the Courts to set aside award decision before the contract is entered into.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:30.1.2012