Tender for Staff Communications and Attack Systems
A responsive staff attack system that allows staff to summon help either through a lone worker lanyard or hand held device, A centralised workforce-aware task management and team management system to increase staff efficiency.
United Kingdom-Preston: Electrical equipment and apparatus
Section I: Contracting authority
Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust
Sceptre Point, Sceptre Way, Bamber Bridge
Contact point(s): https://nhssbs.eu-supply.com/login.asp?B=NHSSBS
For the attention of: Stephen McGarry
PR5 6AW Preston
General address of the contracting authority: https://nhssbs.eu-supply.com/login.asp?B=NHSSBS
Address of the buyer profile: https://nhssbs.eu-supply.com/login.asp?B=NHSSBS
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 5: Telecommunications services
NUTS code UKD4
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 84
Justification for a framework agreement, the duration of which exceeds four years: The solution being sought is innovative and carries relatively high early investment and set up costs hence the long term maintenance and support of a stable solution will off set high start up costs
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 2 000 000 GBP
Care recognises the importance of an integrated solution
platform that provides the following functionality:
– A responsive staff attack system that allows staff to
summon help either through a lone worker lanyard or hand
– A centralised workforce-aware task management and
team management system to increase staff efficiency;
improve service responsiveness and provide governance
– Enabling tasks to be issued to mobile Personal with the
appropriate workforce skills; based on current location and
workload. By automating this process staff efficiencies and
responsiveness are improved,
– Providing full visibility of outstanding, pending and
completed tasks; enabling the resource/task requester,
the owner of the task and any co-ordinator to view the
current status of tasks and team members,
– Providing full reporting and auditing of tasks
– enabling data based staff management and process
improvement; and investigation of any untoward incident,
– Enabling Trust processes that require communication
across a team of Trust employees to be automated to
improve responsiveness and increase service quality.
The Trust are looking for an integrated solution to provide:
– System design,
– A software solution to provide a range of technical
solutions supporting the operation of a hospital inpatient
– Nurse call alert buttons/panic alarm lanyards,
– Hand held devices,
– Wireless Integration (including location awareness) into
the Trusts “Beacons”/wireless access points – to be
provided and installed to LCFT spec.
– Programme testing, commissioning, staff training
31600000, 32400000, 32500000, 35120000, 48420000, 48510000, 72100000, 72200000, 72500000, 72600000
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: This procurement exercise will be conducted on the EU supply eTendering portal at: https://nhssbs.eu-supply.com
Candidates wishing to be considered for this agreement must register their expression of interest and provide additional procurement specific information through this portal.
To register interest:
1) Go to ‘Current Tender Opportunities’ from the eTendering portal login page: https://nhssbs.eu-supply.com
2) Find the tender listed and click on the title. This will take you to the letter of invitation.
3) If you are not a registered user of EU Supply follow the ‘Online registration’ link otherwise follow the ‘Login’ link and enter username and password.
4) Once logged in ‘Accept’ the invitation to register your interest in the opportunity. You will then be taken direct to the tender response screen.
5) Go to the ‘Access Documents’ folder on the response screen to view and download tender documentation.
Further guidance on how to access and respond to the opportunity is available in the ‘Quick Guide for Suppliers’ which is available for downloading from the main portal login page: https://nhssbs.eu-supply.com
(follow link: ‘Quick Guide for Suppliers’).
For any support in submitting your response please contact EU Supply Helpdesk at email@example.com (Tel: 0800 840 2050) quoting the tender ID number.
Section IV: Procedure
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 218-359136 of 13.11.2012
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: no
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:28.6.2013