Tender for Supply of CHP Units and Boiler – London
Design, supply and installation of the following primary plant: i. 1 No 2.7MW gas fired boiler including burner acoustic shroud.
Tender for CHP Units and Boiler for existing Energy Centre and Remedial Works
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- Electricity, heating, solar and nuclear energy – 09300000
Location of contract
Value of contract
13 July 2021
2 September 2021
Contract start date
9 December 2021
Contract end date
1 December 2022
Competitive procedure with negotiation (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
1.5 The Council is seeking to procure a suitably qualified company for the provision of 2 off CHP Units and 1 off Boiler for existing Gascoigne East Energy Centre (GEEC) and associated Remedial Works to Existing Systems.
In summary, the works will be tendered as follows:
– Design, supply and installation of the following primary plant:
i. 1No 2.7MW gas fired boiler including burner acoustic shroud
ii. 2No 500kWth packaged gas engine CHP units and ancillary equipment, including roof mounted dry air coolers for low grade heat rejection
– Design, supply and installation of the following services associated with the above primary plant:
i. LTHW shunt pumps
ii. Gas boosters
iii. Flue connections and exhaust silencers
iv. Ventilation ductwork and attenuators
v. LTHW, gas & drainage pipework & fittings, including all supports and fixings
vi. CHP low grade heat rejection circuit pumps, plate heat exchangers, pipework and ancillaries, including all supports and fixings
vii. LV power supplies and control cabling, including containment
– Strip of existing primary 3-port DH network temperature blending circuit and installation of new, pumped primary DH network temperature blending circuit.
– Updates to the existing Trend based Building Management System for the control and monitoring of the above plant and equipment.
– Updates to the existing Energy Centre fire and gas alarm system to accommodate the new plant and equipment.
– Modifications to the existing Energy Centre lighting and small power installation as required to suit the new plant and equipment
– Modifications to and extension of an existing steelwork gantry as required to accommodate the new CHP plant and ensure suitable maintenance access.
– Survey of the existing customer heat substations (5No) to establish the cause of the poor part load performance and reporting on proposed remedial Works
– Remedial works to improve the performance of the existing customer heat substations, which may, subject to the findings of the survey, include but not be limited to the following Works: fine tuning of control logic; modifications to the existing control logic; control valve replacement and/or plate heat exchanger replacement.
– All builders work in connection with the Works.
– Testing & commissioning of the Works
– Production of handover and record documentation for the Works
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Barking Town Hall