Tender for Supply of Mobile Network System and Data Centre Architecture Expertise
The work will include providing technical mobilisation advice, facilitating workshops and meetings to build and assemble the technical plans.
Technology support for the mobilisation of the SONIC Labs programme
- Technical analysis or consultancy services – 71621000
- Project management consultancy services – 72224000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£0 to £180,000
17 August 2021
31 August 2021
Contract start date
1 October 2021
Contract end date
30 September 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Digital Catapult is looking to appoint a professional, reliable Supplier to meet their ongoing requirements for the provision of mobile network system and data centre architecture expertise and management support.
1. Support the Director of Technology, 5G, to mobilise the technical deliveries within the programme at pace, according to priorities established and agreed at least weekly. The work will include providing technical mobilisation advice, facilitating workshops and meetings to build and assemble the technical plans and then documenting them, as well as managing and delivering mobilisation activities for the technical workstreams covering the facility build and the integration and testing activities. Documents to be produced include the development of the high level technical architecture for the overall SONIC Labs facility, and the design of the common infrastructure, including the representative indoor and outdoor networks. The technologies covered are modern 4G and 5G mobile network infrastructure architecture and solutions, and integration and testing solutions, in a commercial context, including virtualisation, network and service orchestration, radio disaggregation, service based architecture, transport architectures, testing tools and automation suites, and open networking such as Open RAN.
2. Provide technical project management support to the technology team and the Programme Manager in the design, and procurement of the SONIC technology platform
The initial Contract term shall be for a period of 6 months with an option for Digital Catapult to extend for 1 further period of up to 6 months, at its discretion.
Digital Catapult does not guarantee any volume or value of work from this Contract. However, it is anticipated that the maximum total value (including all expenses, and any extensions) for this Framework may be in the region of GBP 180,000 excluding VAT.
- Tender Notice
- NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site at the link provided.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.