Tender for Urgent and Surge Community Swabbing Service for Covid-19
The objective is to ensure that swift and effective local provision of community swabbing is always available to support the multiagency SARS-CoV-2 outbreak response in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
CCC and PCC Urgent and Surge Community Swabbing Service for Covid-19
Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council
- Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses) – 38000000
Location of contract
East of England
Value of contract
17 June 2021
12 July 2021
Contract start date
18 August 2021
Contract end date
29 February 2024
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
National Approach to Test and Trace
• The Government launched the NHS Test and Trace Service on 28th May 2020. This national service is designed to control the virus and enable people to live a safer and more normal life. The overarching guiding principles being Test; Trace; Contain; Enable.
• The NHS Test and Trace Service will work as a proposed 3 tier system; Tier 1 is of relevance for the local testing system
• Tier 1 will be a regionalised network, including sub-regional and localised delivery providing contact tracing, consequence management and support in relation to complex settings, cohorts and individuals / households.
• Local planning and response will be the key to allowing the national service to work effectively at large scale.
• Local outbreak control plans centring on 7 key themes will be developed; and key theme 3 is identified as ‘local testing capacity’
• The local testing service will need to ensure a swift response that is accessible to the local population (defining how to prioritise and manage deployment)
• A key consideration will be the ability of the local testing system to be able to respond swiftly once a complex cluster or setting has been identified through the national NHS Test and Trace initiative or through any other national or local stakeholders; e.g. East of England PHE Centre
Aims and Objectives
• The objective is to ensure that swift and effective local provision of community swabbing is always available to support the multiagency SARS-CoV-2 outbreak response in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
• The aim will be to build on existing commissioned services (eg: School Nursing, District Nursing) in the creation of the systems and extra capacity required to achieve the objective above.
- Tender Notice
- Apply Online
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.