Tender for the Provision of a Pilot Housing Service for Offenders and Homeless People with Complex Needs
Notice calling for expressions of interest
East Sussex Supporting People Partnership and Surrey and Sussex Probation Trust are seeking expressions of interest from organisations interested in being invited to tender for the provision of a pilot housing service for offenders and homeless people with complex needs who are unable to live successfully in a shared environment.
The aim of this specialist service is to provide the appropriate housing environment and support to clients so they aspire to independence, well being and a crime free life.
This pilot will address the barriers to housing experienced by this high risk group, so preventing homelessness, promoting social inclusion and delivering a supported pathway to independence. The service will be specifically designed to deliver:
- a minimum of 30 self financing temporary, furnished housing units across Hastings and Eastbourne
- a personalised housing support service that actively coaches individuals living in the temporary units to gain independent living skills
- access to independent move on units
The service will focus on outcomes to be achieved and these include:
· reducing offending behaviour
· preventing homelessness
· increasing the supply of accommodation for this client group
· establishing excellent relationships with Probation and housing authorities
· accessing and engaging with a wide range of local resources and services to meet needs.
· increased social inclusion and well being for the client group
The Council will let the contract for this pilot from April 2013 for an initial period of two years with the option of two subsequent twelve-month extensions subject to the continued requirement for the service and successful supplier performance. The indicative annual contract will be based on a contract sum in the region of £115,000 p.a.
The organisations short-listed to Tender will be able to demonstrate resources and financial capacity, and capability to deliver the services. In the first instance organisations must also have a proven track record in:
- acquiring and managing property in the social and/or private housing sectors
- supporting offenders to achieve and maintain housing solutions
- delivering a personalised housing support service to vulnerable client groups
- working successfully and jointly with a housing authority and relevant partners
Award criteria will be based on a combination of both technical and commercial capability, and Best Value. Detailed criteria will be provided within the Invitation to Tender. Organisations expressing an interest should note that the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 may apply.
To express your interest and obtain a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire, please register via the South East Business Portal (www.businessportal.southeastiep.gov.uk). If you are unable to access this service, please call 01323 464049 for assistance.
The deadline for receipt of expressions of interest is 9th August 2012
The deadline for the return of the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire is 10th August 2012