Tender for Supply of Social and Care Agency Workers
This framework will be for the supply of agency workers for temporary work agencies to work temporarily for and under the supervision and direction of the hirer.
United Kingdom-Paisley: Supply services of personnel including temporary staff
Section I: Contracting authority
Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street
Contact point(s): Social Care
For the attention of: Strategic Procurement
PA1 1AR Paisley
Telephone: +44 3003001200
Fax: +44 1416187423
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scotland-excel.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA10383
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Scottish Prison Service
Aberdeen City Council
Argyll and Bute Council
City of Edinburgh Council
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Dumfries and Galloway Council
Dundee City Council
East Ayrshire Council
East Dunbartonshire Council
East Lothian Council
East Renfrewshire Council
Glasgow City Council
Moray Council, The
North Ayrshire Council
North Lanarkshire Council
Orkney Islands Council
Perth and Kinross Council
Scottish Borders Council
Shetland Islands Council
South Ayrshire Council
South Lanarkshire Council
West Dunbartonshire Council
West Lothian Council
NHS Ayrshire and Arran
NHS Dumfries and Galloway
NHS Education for Scotland
NHS Forth Valley
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
NHS Health Scotland
NHS Western Isles
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 22: Personnel placement and supply services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Multiple sites across Scotland.
NUTS code UK
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 50
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 80 000 000 GBP
It is envisaged that this framework will cover the supply of fully vetted and qualified social workers and other professional social and care agency workers as well as home and residential carers on temporary assignments or other temporary assignments required by hirers within a community and/or social care setting.
The scope of this services to be provided under this framework falls within the definition of a “part B” service as listed in Annex II B of Directive 2004/18/EC and part B of Schedule 3 to the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012 (“the Regulations”) and therefore the procurement process and the framework shall not be subject to the full requirements of the Regulations. Any application of or reference to the Regulations unless clearly identified is not to be implied and should not be construed as applying any of the Regulations or bringing any of them into force.
Note: The authority is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visit https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code 2108 within the appropriate area.
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
Estimated value excluding VAT: 80 000 000 GBP
Information about lots
Lot No: 1 Lot title: Residential
Day Centre Officer;
Social Work Assistant;
Social Worker (Entry Level);
Senior Social Worker;
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(3) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(4) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(5) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Technical. Weighting 60
2. Financial. Weighting 40
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2013/S 174-300596 of 7.9.2013
Scotland Excel Head Office, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1AR.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Scotland Excel Officers and Members.
Section VI: Complementary information
Scotland Excel intends to use an electronic tendering system in this procurement exercise. Please register using the link: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk to download the tender documentation Bravo Ref. project 2108, ITT Number 4223 SXL-Social and Care Agency Workers (12-13)
The tender documents are only available to access online.
The tender documents will not be sent to you.
Community Benefits will apply.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:7.4.2014