Tender to Supply Electoral Management System
The Authority requires an Electoral Management System and associated requirements / modules.
Electoral Management System (EMS) and Associated Requirements for The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Council
- Industry specific software package – 48100000
- Administration software package – 48219300
- Supporting services for the government – 75130000
Location of contract
Value of contract
23 July 2021
1 September 2021
Contract start date
13 December 2021
Contract end date
12 December 2024
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Authority requires an Electoral Management System (EMS) and associated requirements / modules which provide the following functionality (see Annex A for the Authority’s full requirements) –
• The EMS must have the functionality to setup and manage the election process and deliver each stage according to the statutory timetable which needs to be embedded in the main EMS system;
• The EMS must have the functionality to manage the verification of postal votes returned at the time of an election;
• The EMS must have functionality to facilitate the data-mining and data-matching of locally held data sets to identify new electors and to verify the identities of new applicants;
• The EMS must be able to provide and facilitate the management of an election staff self-portal
• The EMS must have the ability to provide an electronic annual canvass response functionality whereby residents can make their household returns by telephone, web / online or SMS;
• The EMS must have the ability to facilitate and acknowledge postal canvass returns as well as the electronic canvass response channels;
• The EMS must be able to provide a digital personal canvass solution via tablet software (but it is also desirable to also be able to do this by phone) for in person visits made by canvassers;
• A web-based version (or equivalent) of the EMS available for use by the Authority’s Customer Service Centre;
• Online polling station staff training;
• It is desirable that the EMS is able to provide and facilitate the management of a candidate self-service portal
The EMS must be on premise and will be hosted on RBWM’s locally-held servers and accessible via on premise software. The Authority intends to move the EMS to a hosted solution in the future when possible, practical and affordable to do so.
- Bidding documents
- This link is for the Public Sector Procurement Portal where the tender documents are located and through which this tender is being run.
- Additional text
- How to Express an Interest in This Tender
Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – Browse to the eSourcing Portal https://public.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.html and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure).
For further guidance on how to register on The Public Sector Procurement Portal hosted by Bravo Solution you can watch the video available via the following link – http://www.screencast.com/t/o6NHgMNjnf?_ncp=1502113290076.897-1 Please note that despite the Bravo Advantage 16 branding the instructions and guidance in the video are correct and apply to the Public Sector Procurement Portal.
Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box.
Responding to the tender – Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk on 0800 069 8630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.