Tender for Variable Data Printing and Mailing Services
Denbighshire County Council is leading a collaborative tender exercise to establish a Framework Agreement for an enhanced Variable data printing and mailing of large volumes of billing, notification and statement documentation issued on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
United Kingdom-Ruthin: Printing and related services
Section I: Contracting authority
Denbighshire County Council
County Hall, Wynnstay Road
For the attention of: Helen Sutton
LL15 1YN Ruthin
Telephone: +44 1824706014
General address of the contracting authority: www.denbighshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0280
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 15: Publishing and printing services on a fee or contract basis
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Denbighshire County Council.
NUTS code UKL13
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 450 000 GBP
The system will be supplied via a Framework Agreement which will be made available for use by the following organisations:
Denbighshire County Council, Flintshire County Council, Gwynedd County Council, Conwy County Borough Council, Wrexham County Borough Council, Isle of Anglesey County Council and Ceredigion County Council.
The framework agreement will be for a period of 4 years.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site at http://www.sell2wales.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=1221
79800000, 79823000, 79824000, 79820000
The Authority is looking to develop an enhanced variable data printing and mailing solution whilst at the same time achieving cost reductions through the use of new technologies. The Authority is therefore open to suggestions and/or innovative ideas that will help to provide more cost effective and efficient printing and distribution services.
Printing and distribution is a vital support service. It is important that a reliable service is in place that supports the Authority’s requirements including reliability, quality and cost effectiveness. These services will comprise of a number of categories such as Council Tax, NNDR, and Benefits notifications. This service is currently contracted out.
Suppliers must be fully conversant with the Academy (Capita) and system, be able to accommodate large volumes of printing and mailing, provide document tracking, a secure and robust IT network, have business continuity plans, be accountable and have a document management strategy. It is also expected that the selected provider will have all facilities required to provide the service within their own company without having the need to sub-contract any elements of the provision.
The framework will be made available for use by the following organisations:
Denbighshire County Council, Flintshire County Council, Gwynedd County Council, Conwy County Borough Council, Wrexham County Borough Council, Anglesey County Council, Ceredigion County Council.
The framework agreement will be for a period of 4 years.
Community Benefits do not apply to this contract.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 450 000 GBP
Description of these options: The contract will be awarded to the successful tenderer for a period of three (3) years with the option to extend for a further one (1) year extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
Number of possible renewals: 1
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: Suppliers MUST be fully conversant with Capita’s Academy system, be able to accommodate large volumes of printing and mailing, provide document tracking, a secure and robust IT network, have business continuity plans, be accountable and have a document management strategy.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(6) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
Conditions will be in the e-Tendering documentation on https://www.proactisplaza.com/?cid=DCC
Suppliers must be fully conversant with the Academy (Capita) System.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Sept 2017.
This project is being carried out by an Electronic Tendering process. All potential providers must follow the instructions below to register on the system being used and access all relevant information relating to this project. Please note that no paper copies of PQQ’s or Tender documents will be made available.
Instructions for Supplier Registration and to Express Interest.
Instructions for Supplier Registration
Instructions to Express Interest and Access Documentation
1. Log in to the Proactis Plaza E-Sourcing Portal at https://www.proactisplaza.com/?cid=DCC
2. PLEASE NOTE – If you are already registered on the Proactis portal please Login using your existing details and start at Step 12 of these instructions if not go to STEP 3
3. Click the “Register Now” button at the bottom of the window
4. Enter your correct Organisation Name, Details and Primary Contact Details. The system will auto generate the Organisation ID and User Name for you.
5. Please make a note of the Organisation ID and User Name, then click “Register”
6. You will then receive an email from the system asking you to “Click here to activate your account”. This takes you to Enter Organisation Details.
7. Please enter the information requested, click “Next” and follow the instructions ensuring that you enter all applicable details.
8. In the Enter Product Classification screen please ensure that you select the Product Classification Codes (CPV Codes) that appear in the tender notice as this will give you access to the tender process.
9. In the Select Buyer Organisation please select Denbighshire County Council (although you may register with other buying organisations at the same time if you wish)
10. Accept the Terms and Conditions and then click “Next”. This takes you in to the Welcome window.
11. In the “Welcome” window please enter your Organisation name, Organisation ID and User Name (User ID). You now need to create your unique password. Please ensure that you make a note of this along with the other information already recorded.
12. Now click “Done” and you will enter the Supplier Home page.
13. On the left of the screen click “Opportunities”
14. Click the “Requests from Buyers” command. This will take you to the list of current opportunities available to you.
15. Click the Project ID that relates to this notice, this will take you into the PQQ or Tender Request. Note there may be several opportunities that appear on this screen, please ensure that you select the correct one for your organisation.
16. In the “Details of a Request from a Buyer” screen please note the closing time and date for completion of the relevant project. Please review the “Items” tab (Tender stage only) and the Documents tab (PQQ and Tender stages) as there will be information relating to the project held here. Please ensure that you download all documents to your PC as you will be required to complete and upload some of the documents as part of your submission.
17. You can now either “Create a Response” to, or “Decline” this opportunity.
18. Once you have started to complete your response to the opportunity and wish to save and return later click “Save” having made a note of the Response reference number. The next time you Login to access the opportunity please go to the “My Responses to Buyers” tab and identify the relevant response that you previously saved. If you inadvertently create any additional responses please note that any information that you have already input into the initial or subsequent responses does NOT carry over to any new response and you may lose anything already input.
19. If you are adding attachments at any point in the process please ensure that you click the “Add to Library” button as if you are invited to any subsequent opportunities in the future to tender any documents that you have added will automatically be added to your submission and all you will be required to do is check that they are the current version. This is a secure system and your documents will not be accessed by any other party.
20. Please note that any queries must be sent via the secure dialogue section of the e-tender portal. We will not respond to any queries received by any other method.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:20.9.2013