The Design and Construction of Derby Multi Sports Arena
The Design and Construction of a Mult-Sports Arena for the City of Derby including associated facilities with an indoor velodrome and outdoor cycle track and parking.
The Council intend to let a comprehensive design and build construction works contract to a suitably experienced organisation.
The main construction contract will involve the construction of a three storey Multi Sports Arena with a total gross floor area of 14,570m2.
The vision for the Multi Sports Arena has been derived from the following key requirements;
• To provide a replacement principal new dry sports facility as part of the leisure replacement strategy for the City able to provide for major sporting events and regional tournaments as well as day – to – day activities.
• To provide a Velodrome cycle track as a regional hub for cycling capable for introduction to track cycling through to hosting national cycling events and to provide the facility with national profile.
• To provide a health and fitness club as a commercial revenue stream for the facility comparable in quality with commercial clubs.
• The scale of the above, together with permanent seating for 1500, creates an Arena space capable of hosting events for up to 5000 spectators.
Works are to include:
• Enabling works
• Construction of a surface level car park incorporating 1150 car parking spaces
• Works over an existing gas main
• Works within a contaminated site