There are also several central stakeholders whose requirements need to be considered (marketing, contracts officers, compliance, BI, enquiries teams etc).
Requirements Gathering (CRM)
The Growth Company
- Business analysis consultancy services – 72221000
- Information technology requirements review services – 72223000
- Software consultancy services – 72266000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£35,000 to £50,000
12 October 2022
28 October 2022
Contract start date
8 November 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2023
Open procedure (below threshold)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
GC Business Growth Hub objective is to introduce a new CRM product that optimises outcomes for GC Business Growth Hub (data, service delivery, social and economic impact etc.)
Robust gathering of requirements from all stakeholders is critical to the success of this project, to ensure that
a) we procure the best software solution to meet our needs
b) once delivered, colleagues and clients receive a slick and efficient system that allows their needs to be met with minimal effort
c) funder requirements are met without unnecessary complexity of process
We have chosen to outsource this activity to specialists rather than undertake the activity in-house.
There are also several central stakeholders whose requirements need to be considered (marketing, contracts officers, compliance, BI, enquiries teams etc.). In addition, there are a range of different funded programmes whose current additional requirements need to be understood and assessed for whether they are expected to be necessary in the future.
The engagement is to gather requirements from all relevant business areas, in 2 stages.
1. Initial mid-level requirements gathering (needed now to support with procurement of the most appropriate software solution; Dynamics is expected to be the preferred option)
2. Further fine detail requirements gathering and written specification (blue print) (needed to support the configuration and set up of the product once procured)
Requirements need to be captured in such a way to detail the outcome to be achieved, not the method by which it is to be done. The expectation is not to simply recreate what we have in our existing CRM but to focus on essential end results.
Rigor and check and challenge is to be applied to gain certainty that there is a definite need for complex requirements. Where these have been validated, robust rationales are to be documented.
The successful supplier will run the relevant workshops with stakeholders to gather and refine requirements into a complete and clear set of user stories that can be used to build (configure) the end product.
Product recommendations and configuration activity once procured are out of scope.
Stakeholders will have been identified and grouped ready for initial workshops to take place.
The following activity is required / expected:
1. Mid -level requirements gathering (expected timeframe: 4 weeks)
2. Fine detail requirements gathering (expected timeframe: 12 weeks)
Previous notice about this procurement
- Published 12 October 2022, last edited 13 October 2022
- ? Click above to Apply (link to e-procurement portal)
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.