Tender for The Installation of Traffic Counts and Speed Surveys For The Wales Road Casualty Reduction Partnership and Partner Organisations
Value of tender: £988520.
The Council of the City and County of Swansea on behalf of GoSafe- the Wales Road Casualty Reduction Partnership invites tenders for a framework arrangement for the undertaking of Traffic Counts and Speed Surveys by installation of traffic monitoring equipment:
• Pneumatic tubes – for speed survey, “speed-on-green” surveys and red-light violation counts
• Radar – both manual and unmanned counts
• Data downloads from static loop counters
and the provision of subsequent data to an agreed format thereafter.
The contract is to be a framework agreement between GoSafe – the Wales Road Casualty Reduction Partnership and its partner organisations. The partner organisations are:
• GoSafe – the Wales Road Casualty Reduction Partnership
• Welsh Government
Trunk Road Agencies
• SWTRA – the South Wales Trunk Road Agency
• NWTRA – the North Wales Trunk Road Agency
• Carmarthenshire County Council
• Ceredigion County Council
• Pembrokeshire County Council
• Powys County Council
• Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
• Caerphilly County Borough Council
• Monmouthshire County Council
• Newport City Council
• Torfaen County Borough Council
• Isle of Anglesey County Council
• Conwy County Borough Council
• Denbighshire County Council
• Flintshire County Council
• Gwynedd Council
• Wrexham County Borough Council
• Bridgend County Borough Council
• Cardiff Council
• Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
• Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
• Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
• City and County of Swansea
• Vale of Glamorgan Council
The City and County of Swansea Council are acting as lead authority in terms of this framework arrangement on behalf of GoSafe. Consequently all documentation will be issued by and must be returned to the City and County of Swansea Council.
All communication on this matter must also be undertaken through the City and County of Swansea Council.
Scope of Requirement
This Council wishes to award this Works contract for an initial 24 month period from and including 1st August 2012, with an option to extend for 24 months should budget capability allow and will be extended based on the previous 24 months performance. The option to extend will be approved on an annual basis subject to previous performance, needs and requirements of the Partnership and adequate funds being available. The Council reserves the right to change this timeframe at their discretion.
The process of accepting contractors onto the framework is that, once the tenders have been assessed, the results will be ranked in a matrix with the top three bids deemed as successful. Any works will primarily be given to the company receiving the highest marks, and any work that they may be unable to take on would be passed down in turn to the companies ranked in second and third place.
The Anticipated Contract Period will be: 01/08/2012 TO 31/07/2014
With an option to extend by up to 24 months
Classification of contract (CPV codes)
63712710 – Traffic monitoring services.
Most economically advantageous tender in terms of:1. Quality – 40% – broken down and weighted within a method statement:-
3. Quality breakdown will be as below:-
5. The Method Statement – 40% will be broken down and evaluated as follows:
7. The approach you will take to mobilising and undertaking the different survey types – (20%)
9. The approach you will take to ensure that the data outputs will be delivered within the set timescales – (20%)
11. Price breakdown – 60% will be as below:-
13. Pneumatic tube speed survey – (26%)
14. Radar survey unmanned – (8%)
15. Radar survey manual – (8%)
16. Fixed loop data download – (8%)
17. Pneumatic tube red light violation and “speed-on-green” survey – (5%)
18. Collection of data from Vehicle Activated Signs and Speed Indicator Devices (5%)
SECTION IV: Administrative Information
The contract is being run electronically, so if you are interested in submitting a bid you will need to register if you are already not on www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk . Please see below instructions on how to register:
1. Register your company on the etenderwales portal (this is only required once)
– Browse to the eSourcing Portal: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
– Click the “Suppliers register here” link
– Enter your correct business and user details
– Note the username you chose and click “Save” when complete
– You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure)
– Agree to the terms and conditions and click “continue”
2. Express an Interest in the Project
– Login to the portal with the username/password
– Click the “PQQs Open to All Suppliers” link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires open to any registered supplier)
– Click on the relevant PQQ to access the content.
– Click the “Express Interest” button in the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page.
– This will move the PQQ into your “My PQQs” page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only)
– Click on the PQQ code, you can now access any attachments by clicking the “Settings and Buyer Attachments” in the “Actions” box
3. Responding to the tender
– You can now choose to “Reply” or “Reject” (please give a reason if rejecting)
– You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification
– Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ
– There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available)
If you require any further assistance use the online help, or the BravoSolution help desk is available Mon – Fri (8am – 6pm) on:
– email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: 0800 368 4850/ Fax: 020 7080 0480
Tenders or Requests to Participate must be sent to:
City and County of Swansea will be conducting this procurement exercise through the Value Wales e-Tendering portal. This can be found at www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk , all information may be downloaded and returned though this channel. Further instructions can be found in SECTION VI:
1. Cofrestrwch eich cwmni ar y porth eDendroCymru (dim ond unwaith y mae angen gwneud hyn)
? Porwch ar y Porth eGyrchu: www.etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
? Cliciwch ar y linc Suppliers register here.
? Derbyniwch y telerau a’r amodau a cliciwch ar Parhau.
? Nodwch eich manylion busnes a defnyddiwr cywir.
? Gwnewch nodyn o’r enw defnyddiwr y dewisoch a cliciwch ar Cadw pan fyddwch wedi gorffen.
? Yn fuan, byddwch yn derbyn e-bost yn cynnwys eich cyfrinair unigryw (cadwch hwn yn ddiogel).
2. Mynegi diddordeb yn y tendr
? Logiwch i mewn i’r porth gyda’r enw defnyddiwr/cyfrinair.
? Cliciwch ar y linc PQQs Open to All Suppliers. (Dyma Holiaduron Cyn-Gymhwyso sy’n agored i unrhyw gyflenwr cofrestredig).
? Cliciwch ar y PQQ perthnasol i gael mynediad at y cynnwys.
? Cliciwch ar y botwm Express Interest yn y blwch Camau Gweithredu ar ochr chwith y dudalen.
? Bydd hyn yn symud y PQQ i’ch tudalen Fy PQQs. (Mae hon yn ardal ddiogel sydd wedi’i chadw ar gyfer eich prosiectau chi yn unig).
? Cliciwch ar y côd PQQ – nawr, gallwch gael mynediad at unrhyw atodiadau trwy glicio ar Gosodiadau ac Atodiadau Prynwyr yn y blwch Camau Gweithredu.
3. Ymateb i’r tendr
? Nawr, gallwch ddewis Ymateb neu Gwrthod – Nodwch reswm os na fyddwch yn ymateb.
? Nawr, gallwch ddewis y botwm Negeseuon i gyfathrebu gyda’r prynwr a gofyn am unrhyw eglurhad.
? Nodwch y terfyn amser ar gyfer cwblhau, yna dilynwch y cyfarwyddiadau ar y sgrin er mwyn cwblhau’r PQQ.
? Efallai y bydd cymysgedd o gamau i chi eu cwblhau ar-lein ac heb fod ar-lein (mae cymorth manwl i’w gael ar-lein).
Os ydych chi angen unrhyw gymorth pellach, defnyddiwch yr help ar-lein, neu mae desg gymorth BravoSolution ar gael Llun – Gwener (8am – 6pm):
– e-bost: email@example.com
– ffôn: 0800 368 4850/ ffacs: 020 7080 0480
The Supplier Development Service provides ‘free’ practical assistance to small and medium-sized businesses in Wales to help understand the procurement process, and provide hints/tips/guidance on how to tender for opportunities.
Further information may be found on the following website:
www.cbsa.org.uk/– WG Government Support – Business Support Services or by contacting the local Supplier Champion Alan Doyle on 01554 779910 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org