Training Course – Working with Families with Multiple Needs
“Working with Families with Multiple needs; Parental mental ill health, domestic abuse, and drug / alcohol misuse”.
Training Course – “Working with Families with Multiple Needs” (PAN0361)
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||21/08/2013|
|Est. End Date:||20/08/2018|
“Working with Families with Multiple needs; Parental mental ill health, domestic abuse, and drug / alcohol misuse”
The LSCB is looking to commission a 1 day course to promote understanding and improved safeguarding practice for staff who are working and assessing complex situations, where there are a number of presenting issues; Parental mental ill health difficulties, drug and / or alcohol misuse and domestic abuse.
This course would be delivered by April 2014. There will be a minimum of 1 delivery throughout the year with the potential to increase to 6 deliveries this financial year. This course will be delivered to staff from the children’s workforce and relevant adult staff based in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. The course will support the ‘Think Family’ agenda.
Each course will be delivered to a minimum of 12 delegates and a maximum of 25 delegates.
Course requirements / content:
A credible learning event that promotes understanding and improved safeguarding practice for staff who are working and assessing complex situations, where there are a number of presenting issues; Parental mental ill health difficulties, drug and / or alcohol misuse and domestic abuse.
The multi-agency programme identifies ‘golden threads’ which the delivered courses must include as follows;
• Maintaining a child focus in safeguarding
• Recognition of factors that create additional vulnerabilities in children and young people
• Diversity and difference
• Effective multi-agency working
• Roles and responsibilities (including use of relevant policy and procedures, including information sharing )
Must also include:
• Consideration and understanding about signs and indicators and presenting behaviours, that may be present when working with complex situations with multiple need and consider their impact on the child, with particular focus on substance misuse, domestic abuse and parental mental ill health.
• Awareness of the increased risks and vulnerabilities (age / disability etc.) of children living in households where there are a number of needs within the family.
• Integration of learning from local and national relevant SCR’s, SILP’s, and research.
• Emphasis on effective multi agency working and strategies to manage this – especially when considering different value base and priorities for different staff, including working in partnership with adult services.
• An approach which supports ‘Think Family’.
• An emphasis on remaining child focused in complex situations
• Strategies and solutions to support effective intervention and better outcomes for children.
Please complete the quotation form (link to the document is below) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for this work.
Only quotations on the form below will be accepted. However, any supporting documents will be considered.
This should be returned by 17.00hrs on 14/08/2013 at the very latest.
Organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Applicants should note that due to the technicality of the software package being used to create this advert, this Opportunity will become “invisible” at midnight,13/08/2013. Applicants are therefore requested to save all documentation relating to this Opportunity locally.
These documents are for information only. Please follow instructions for registration and receipt of full tender/quotation documentation.
- PAN0361 – Questionnaire(doc) 119.5 KB
- PAN0361 – Specification(docx) 19.28 KB
- PAN0361 – Training Agreement(doc) 487.5 KB
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences, Social Community Care Supplies & Services,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
Melody Mapfumo, Tel No: 0116 252 7118
New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG