Training Provider for Think Family
Leicester City Council is looking for a Training Provider to deliver the following event: Event Title: Think Family: What About the Family in Parental Mental Ill Health?
PAN0768 – Training Provider for Think Family: What About the Family in Parental Mental Ill Health?
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|EST. START DATE:||01/12/2014|
|EST. END DATE:||30/11/2015|
Leicester City Council is looking for a Training Provider to deliver the following event:
Event Title: Think Family: What About the Family in Parental Mental Ill Health?
Target Group: Adult Mental Health Social Work Teams.
Number of staff to be trained per event: 20
Number and length of events: 2 events, each 1 day. Possibly with more to follow in 2015 / 16
Dates if known: tba
Venue if known: Leicester City Centre venue – tba
Summary/Overview/Background: This is the first in a series of events to promote a “think family” approach in line with the troubled families’ agenda. It has been identified that mental health teams need more information on how to work in line with this agenda. The training days will follow a workshop for managers in children’s and adult’s services looking at how best to support the agenda within Leicester City.
To ensure mental health social workers can identify and know how to address family issues to support the delivery of mental health service objectives and priorities.
To ensure mental health social workers are aware of the impact of parental mental health issues on children, and to make appropriate referrals to children’s services or the think family team.
Objectives: Participants will:
1. Hear and apply the relevant research, regarding parental mental health issues and the impact on children as well as family functioning.
2. Understand and know how to assess the impact of whole family issues on adult mental health service delivery.
3. Understand the role of other services in contributing to the outcomes and key priorities of the mental health service and where appropriate know how to coordinate a multi-agency team around the family.
4. Know how to recognise when a child is at risk as a result of parental mental ill health.
5. Gain increased confidence in how to support whole families through crises.
6. Understand when and how to make appropriate referrals to children’s services.
To respond to this opportunity:
Click on the “Apply Online” button to be found below the contact details to the right of this screen which will take you to the EastMidsTenders portal. Click on the “View Opportunities” button to view contracts and locate the PAN0768 – Think Family: What About the Family in Parental Mental Ill Health? opportunity. Register if you have not already done so to express an interest and gain access to the quotation document.
Organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueTEXT DESCRIPTION|
|Category||Training & Conferences, Childrens & Adults,Healthcare,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|