Unity Learning Centre Off-Site Provision
Nottingham City Council (NCC) wishes to establish a framework agreement for the alternative education provision for Key Stage 4 young people to support their progression into post 16 Education, Employment or Training (EET).REFERENCE CPU748
Awarding body Nottingham City Council
|Est. Start Date:||01/08/2012|
|Est. End Date:||31/07/2013|
Nottingham City Council (NCC) wishes to establish a framework agreement for the alternative education provision for Key Stage 4 young people to support their progression into post 16 Education, Employment or Training (EET). The Council is looking to appoint a single provider, a range of providers or a consortium of providers, to deliver the service in collaboration with Unity Learning Centre, which include colleges, voluntary sector and community providers.
Unity Learning Centre, part of Nottingham City Council’s Children & Families department, provides full time personalised education to Key Stage 4 young people in order to support their progression into post 16 education, employment and training whilst developing their social and emotional skills.
NCC invites applications from suppliers who can offer part-time or full-time provision in the following Lots, applicants are invited to apply for one or more Lots:
– Functional Skills (English, Maths, ICT)
– Art & Design including:
– Creative and Media
– Music Technology
– Food & Hospitality
– Business Administration & Finance including:
– Travel & Tourism
– Hair & Beauty
– Sport & Active Leisure including:
– Public Services
– Society, Health & Development
– Engineering & Manufacturing
– Construction & Landbased
NCC aims to engage suppliers who can deliver excellent alternative provision for pupils of statutory school age, either by offering a flexible response to those not placed in a mainstream education, or by enriching an existing curriculum as a preventative early intervention support.
Provision required for pupils could be:
– A full-time provision that meets the entitlement of pupils to a broad and balanced curriculum while providing an alternative or more flexible approach to traditional teaching and learning or to curriculum content.
– One or more days off-site provision per week to include opportunities not available through the standard school curriculum
– Activities to enrich the curriculum offer within Unity Learning Centre
The Council would welcome bids from organisations working in partnership with each other, to deliver high-quality services to meet the needs of young people in the city.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Restricted Tender|
|Option to extend||There is an option to extend the framework for 1 further year|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
extend contract options:
There is an option to extend the framework for 1 further year
Nottingham City Council