Urban Area Treatments Contract 4
The Council wishes to establish a contract with a suitably qualified and experienced Contractor(s) to undertake Urban Area Treatments as identified on the individual sites within the Council boundary.
CONTRACT NOTICE – NATIONAL
Notice Type: WORKS
1 Authority Details
Authority Name and Address
Corporate Procurement Unit, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street,
Paisley Postal Code:
PA1 1JB Country:
For the attention of:
Tony McCluskey Telephone:
Internet Address (URL): http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk
Address from which documentation may be obtained
As in 1.1
Completed documents must be returned to:
As in 1.1
2 Contract Details
Urban Area Treatments – Contract 4
Description of the goods or services required
As a Roads Authority, the Roads and Transportation Service of the Council’s Department of Planning and Transportation is responsible for maintaining public roads, excluding Trunk roads, within the Council area. The Council wishes to establish a contract with a suitably qualified and experienced Contractor(s) to undertake Urban Area Treatments as identified on the individual sites within the Council boundary.
The Council require all works to be undertaken in a relatively short timescale. In order to ensure these timescales are attained and that work is carried out to the satisfaction of the Council the tender has been split into four individual Lots. Tenderers may bid for one or more Lots, however, in order to be considered for more than one Lot Tenderers must confirm the allocation of individual plant and personnel to carry out all works, as detailed in the specification per Lot. For the avoidance of doubt, it is a requirement of this tender that Tenderers who wish to be considered for more than one Lot allocate separate squads and plant for each Lot as it is expected that these works will be undertaken at the same time. The individual Lots are detailed below for information;
-Lot 1 Corseford Area, Johnstone
-Lot 2 East Fulton Area, Linwood
-Lot 3 Gallowhill Area, Paisley
-Lot 4 Glenburn Area, Paisley
Each Lot will result in the award of an individual contract.
To register your interest in this notice and obtain Tender and any additional information please register on the Public Contracts Scotland Tenders Web Site at https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/web/login.html
Notice Coding and Classification
a) Commodity Codes
391211 Roads – Maintenance
391212 Roads – Repair
b) Delivery Location/Area
150 … Glasgow & Strathclyde
Total quantity or scope of tender
The successful tenderer(s) will be required to carry out all works as detailed in the tender document. The estimated value of this contract is 400,000GBP across all four lots.
3 Conditions for Participation
Minimum standards and qualification required
3.1 Minimum standards and qualification required:
(1) All Tenderers will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All Tenderers will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the Tenderer, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All Tenderers will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All Tenderers will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) Any Tenderer found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(6) All Tenderers will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(7) All Tenderers will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(8) Completeness of Submission – Tender submissions must be sufficiently complete to enable a full and detailed evaluation of all components of the bid to be undertaken.
(9) Financial Stability – Tenderers must evidence an average High Street credit rating, the equivalent of Equifax Score Check Grade D or above. Alternatively where an Equifax Score Check Grade is not available, analysis of the Tenderers financial accounts indicates no significant financial risk and Tenderers bidding for one Lot must evidence an annual turnover of at least 400,000GBP; Tenderers bidding for two Lots must evidence an annual turnover of at least 800,000GBP; Tenderers bidding for three Lots must evidence an annual turnover of at least 1,200,000GBP; Tenderers bidding for all four Lots must evidence an annual turnover of at least 1,600,000GBP.
(10) Adequate Insurance Provision – Tenderers must evidence the undernoted insurance provision being in place or, provide confirmation that in the event of success in the tender process, the undernoted insurance provision will be put in place:
Employer’s Liability – minimum indemnity limit of 5,000,000GBP;
Third Party Liability – minimum indemnity limit of 1,000,000GBP;
Contractors All Risk – minimum indemnity limit of 1,000,000GBP;
Third Party Motor insurance – minimum indemnity limit of 5,000,000GBP;
(11) Eligibility to Contract – Tenderers will be required to confirm that none of the criteria in respect to Regulation 23 (Criteria for the rejection of economic operators) of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations apply.
(12) Suitable Health & Safety policies & practices – Tenderers must evidence robust health and safety policies and processes in operation. Tenderers will also be required to provide their up to date Health & Safety Policy.
(13) Compliance with all relevant statutory obligations (e.g. Equalities etc) – Tenderers must provide a statement of compliance with relevant statutory obligations. Tenderers will also be required to provide their up to date Equal Opportunity Policy.
(14) Suitable Quality Policies & Systems / Practices – Tenderers must provide evidence of robust Quality Policies and Systems / Practices in operation. Tenderers will also be required to provide their up to date Quality Policy.
(15) Compliance with Terms & Conditions – Tenderers must confirm compliance or qualifications proposed must be deemed acceptable by the Council.
(16) Experience and Track Record – Tenderers must evidence relevant and appropriate organisational experience in relation to fulfilling the requirement.
(17) All Tenderers will be required to provide information on their proposed waste carriers
(18) Tenderers must evidence ability to service the Contract by reference to resources by discipline in relation to the requirements.
In order to be considered for more than one lot, tenderers must confirm the allocation of individual plant and personnel to carry out all works as detailed in the specification per Lot. For the avoidance of doubt, it is a requirement of this tender that tenderers who wish to be considered for more than one lot allocate separate squads and plant for each Lot.
Stage 1 of the process requires compliance/confirmation on all of the above and will be evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
All Bids passing stage 1 will then be evaluated on the basis of the award criteria contained with the tender documentation and this notice.
4 Administrative Information
Type of Procedure
Single stage – Any candidate may submit a tender.
Reference number attributed to the notice by the contracting authority
a) Time-limit for receipt of completed tenders
25-06-2012 Time 12:00
b) Time-limit for obtaining documentation 25-06-2012
c) Estimated award date 06-07-2012
Language or languages in which tenders or requests to participate can be drawn up
Tender Submission Postbox
5 Other Information
The award criteria for this tender is Lowest Price.
The purpose of this contract notice is to publicise the forthcoming tender opportunity for Urban Area Treatments. Please register your interest in this requirement on the Public Tenders Scotland Portal.
Please note that no tender documentation is held within this Public Contracts Scotland website. To receive this tender documentation, interested parties must now register at the Public Tenders Scotland Portal https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/web/login.html and then log into this site and access the tender documentation.
All questions and communications relating to this tender must be posted via the Public Tenders Scotland Portal message board. This ensures fairness and transparency to all interested parties.
Any contract awarded as a result of this tender exercise will be subject to Scots Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Publication date of this notice