Usher Hall Production Services
The Usher Hall is an internationally renowned concert hall which aims to achieve a superb level of customer service while presenting programmes and events befitting a capital city which residents of Edinburgh and visitors to the city can enjoy.
UK-Edinburgh: Entertainment services
Section I: Contracting authority
City of Edinburgh Council
Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street
Contact point(s): Commercial and Procurement
For the attention of: Paul Bell
EH8 8BG Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1315294569
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00290
Further information can be obtained from: City of Edinburgh Council
Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Bob Cuthbert
EH8 8BG Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1314693549
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Recreation, culture and religion
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 26: Recreational, cultural and sporting services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Lothian Road, Edinburgh.
NUTS code UKM25
The Usher Hall is an internationally renowned concert hall which aims to achieve a superb level of customer service while presenting programmes and events befitting a capital city which residents of Edinburgh and visitors to the city can enjoy. The staff are expected to help create a positive experience for all customers so that they will be eager to return. The staff are also expected to make the Hall a creative and commercial success that other venues will want to emulate.
The same level of service attitude will be expected of the successful service provider who will be providing Production Management Services, Stage Management Services, Technical Support Services and Personnel to the Usher Hall.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=263265
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=263265
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
Description of these options: Optional 5th Year.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(5) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(6) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(7) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 42-54 months.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:1.5.2013