Voids Maintenance and Refurbishment Works Renfrewshire
Renfrewshire Council utilise its in-house DLO Building Services (BS) to maintain Void properties so that they can be re-let at the earliest opportunity. In order to ensure targets for re-letting are met, back-up contractors are required to undertake works on excess stock that BS cannot achieve.
UK-Paisley: repair and maintenance services of building installations
Section I: Contracting authority
Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street
For the attention of: Gary Dailly
PA1 1JB Paisley
Telephone: +44 1416187021
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00400
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Renfrewshire.
NUTS code UKM35
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 4
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 0 and 8 000 000 GBP
Note: The authority has indicated that they are using the PCS-Tender Module to carry out this procurement process. To access the PCS-Tender Module and record your interest in this notice please visit https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk.
If you are not already registered with the PCS-Tender Module registration will be required.
50700000, 51100000, 45331100
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 0 and 8 000 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
It will be for members of the consortium to sort out their respective duties and liabilities amongst each other. For administrative purposes, any associated documentation will be sent to the nominated lead organisation.
Description of particular conditions: The successful candidate will be required to grant an indemnity to the Councils in respect of potential TUPE claims arising out of any future service provision change.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(5) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(6) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(10) Candidates must be registered or members of relevant trade or professional body as listed in PQQ for Electrical, Plumbing and Gas.
(11) Candidates must provide evidence of VAT registration and certification as to tax liability from HRMC or from the appropriate body relevant to the state in which the candidate is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
5) All candidates will be subject to a Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) credit check and must achieve a failure score of 35 or above. If following this review Tenderers consider that the D&B failure score does not reflect their current financial status, details of this should be provided with the Tender Submission, complete with evidence of a good High Street credit rating (the equivalent of D&B failure score of 35 and above) from a recognised credit referencing agency. The Council will review any such information as part of the evaluation of Tenderers financial status.*
(6) All candidates must provide evidence of a minimum annual turnover of GBP 1,500,000.*
— Where the Tenderer does not meet the minimum financial criteria, the Council will consider at its discretion alternative financial arrangements which may include, for example, submission of a Parent Company Guarantee if parent company meets the financial criteria.
(7) All candidates must provide evidence of Employers Liability Insurance to a minimum limit of GPB 5m, Public or Third Party and Products Liability Insurance to a minimum indemnity limit of GBP 5m and Third Party Motor insurance with a minimum limit of indemnity of GBP 5m. Professional Indemnity Insurance of 500 000 GBP and Contractors All Risk Insurance of 250 000 GBP is also required. If candidates do not currently hold this level of cover, they may provide a statement confirming that they will arrange additional cover subject to success with the tender process. It is a Condition of Contract that this minimum indemnity level be held for the duration of the contract period. The Council reserve the right to increase the minimum insurance requirements for Professional Indemnity and Contractor All Risk subject to the volume and/or value of work put through this agreement.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(5) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(6) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(7) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(8) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(9) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(10) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Experience. Weighting 30
2. Professional and Technical Skills. Weighting 15
3. Quality Management. Weighting 15
4. Technical Resources. Weighting 10
5. Subcontracting. Weighting 10
6. IT Capability. Weighting 5
7. Business Continuity. Weighting 5
8. Waste Management. Weighting 5
9. Complaints Procedure. Weighting 5
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: It is currently unknown if this will be recurring but if so it is anticipated to be in 4 years time.
To obtain the tender documents and any additional information please go to the “Public Contracts Scotland – Tenders” Portal at https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/web/login.html.
Please note that you will require to register with the “Public Contracts Scotland – Tenders” portal before you can access the documentation if you have not previously used this site.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:30.10.2012