Voluntary Sector Support Services – Cambridgeshire – Request for Quotations
Delivery of generic infrastructure support to voluntary and community sector organisations within East Cambridgeshire.
Voluntary Sector Support Services
East Cambridge District Council
- Special-purpose road passenger-transport services – 60130000
- Training services – 80500000
- Other community, social and personal services – 98000000
Location of contract
East of England
Value of contract
12 August 2021
16 September 2021
Contract start date
1 April 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2024
Competitive quotation (non-OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
East Cambridgeshire District Council is seeking quotations for the delivery of generic infrastructure support to voluntary and community sector organisations within East Cambridgeshire and to provide a ‘one stop shop’ which delivers quality services (including the delivery of a social car scheme and volunteer gardening scheme), through volunteers, to local people; and advice and information to voluntary and community groups and volunteers.
The Council is committed to ensuring that all residents have access to services that meet their needs. It is recognised that the district is evolving as well as dealing with the impacts of COVID-19 while being in the recovery phase of the pandemic. Therefore, it is essential that services are in place to effectively meet the needs of communities, in particular those that are most vulnerable.
The Council currently provides grant funding (through a Service Level Agreement (SLA) to provide a ‘one stop shop’ which delivers quality services, through volunteers, to local people; and advice and information to voluntary and community groups and volunteers. It is an umbrella organisation providing generic infrastructure support to voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations within East Cambridgeshire.
The SLA includes the following services:
• Providing networking and training opportunities through the delivery of training and networking events
• Supporting voluntary and community groups through assistance with matters such as account management, policies, procedures, governance and safeguarding; and through the sharing of relevant information
• Supporting new groups
• Promotion of services and the sector
• Responding to consultations on behalf of the sector and having input into policies on behalf of the sector
• Assisting groups with funding queries, searches and applications
• Responding to volunteer enquiries and seek to find suitable placements for prospective volunteers
• Attending multi-agency meetings representing the voice of the sector
• Conducting surveys of clients to inform service delivery and carry out research into unmet social needs
• Providing volunteering opportunities for local people through the delivery of a social car scheme and gardening programme
• Providing support to Cambridgeshire Local approaches and initiatives
• Providing support to COVID-19 recovery efforts
- Additional text
- Please contact Kerrie Wall on the contact details provided in this notice to obtain the procurement documentation.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.