Wales Occupancy Survey 2014
The Wales Occupancy Survey monitors the occupancy levels for the serviced and self catering sectors across Wales. The survey provides comprehensive trend information on the demand for accommodation in Wales.
UK-Cardiff: Market research services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
WG SPFP – Statistical Directorate
For the attention of: Krishan Kawol
CF10 3NQ Cardiff
General address of the contracting authority: http://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Body governed by public law
General public services
Public order and safety
Economic and financial affairs
Housing and community amenities
Recreation, culture and religion
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Wales Occupancy Survey 2014.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 10: Market research and public opinion polling services
NUTS code UKL
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Wales Occupancy Survey monitors the occupancy levels for the serviced and self catering sectors across Wales. The survey provides comprehensive trend information on the demand for accommodation in Wales. The results of the survey are analysed and reported on a monthly and annual basis. The Welsh Government, on behalf of the Welsh Ministers, will be conducting this procurement exercise through the etenderwales portal https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk Tender documents and other information must be downloaded from and returned through this portal. If you require any further assistance the BravoSolution helpdesk is available on:
Email: email@example.com Phone: 08003684850/ Fax: 02070600480
Full information in accessing the portal is found in Section VI.3.
Community Benefits do not apply to this contract.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
79310000, 79342311, 79311000, 79311300, 79311210, 79311200
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 24 with option to extend for up to a further 24 months (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
The awarding authority reserves the right to request parent company and/or other guarantees of performance and financial liability.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
Payment terms will be indicated in the contract documents. Tenders to be priced in Sterling. Payment to be made in Sterling only.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
No special legal form required but joint and several liability to be assumed by all group bidders before acceptance.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Companies expressing an interest must complete the online questionnaire by 28/6/2013. All correspondence must quote Contract number C013/2013/14. For consortium bids the information must be provided for each member of the consortium.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Details to be provided will be listed in the prequalification questionnaire.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Details to be provided will be listed in the prequalification questionnaire.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
Details to be provided will be listed in the prequalification questionnaire.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Execution of the service is reserved to a particular profession: no
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Legal persons should indicate the names and professional qualifications of the staff responsible for the execution of the service: no
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
28.6.2013 – 14:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Other: English or English and Welsh
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Duration in months: 3 (from the date stated for receipt of tender)
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
This is a recurrent procurement: no
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: no
The Contract will have an option to extend the duration up to a period of a maximum of a further 24 months. The extension period will be undertaken on an annual basis and uptake of the subsequent year will be subject to review following the initial year of the extension.
If you require documentation in an alternative format, please contact the named contact point in this document who will be able to provide a more suitable format. For example, Braille, large print, Word document or audio format.
– Go to https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
– The first person from your Organisation to use the Platform will be required to register on behalf of the Organisation.
– Registration involves accepting a User Agreement, and providing basic information about your Organisation and about the User performing the Registration.
– The User who performs the Registration becomes the Super User for the Organisation.
– On registering on the Platform the Super User will select a Username and will receive a password.
– The Password will be sent by e-mail to the email address that was specified in the User Details section of the Registration page.
– In order to log-in to the Platform please enter your Username and Password.
– Note: If you forget your Password then visit the homepage and click “Forgot your password?”
– Registration should only be performed once for each Organisation.
– If you think that someone in your Organisation may have already registered on this Platform then you must not register again.
– Please contact the person who Registered (i.e. the Super User) in order to arrange access to the Platform.
– Contact the Helpdesk immediately if you are unable to contact the Super User (for example if they have left your Organisation).
– Note: If your Organisation is already registered on the Platform then you must not make any additional registration. Please contact the Helpdesk to gain access to the Platform.
– Tenders must be uploaded to the BravoSolution portal by 2pm
How to find the PQQ:
– Once logged in you must click on ‘PQQs Open to all Suppliers’
– The etender references for this contract are: Project_25687 and PQQ_30864
– Click on the title to access summary details of the contract. If you are still interested in expressing an interest, click the ‘Express an Interest button’. This will move the PQQ from the ‘Open to all Suppliers’ area to the ‘My PQQ’s’ on the home page.
– You will then see the full details of the PQQ in the qualification and technical envelopes along with any relevant documents in the ‘Attachments’ area.
– Should you have any questions on the PQQ, please use the ‘Messages’ area to contact the buyer directly – Please do not contact the named person at the top of this notice.
Buy4Wales Reference Number: 35150
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:29.5.2013