Waste Management Services Tender Sunderland
Expressions of interest are invited by NESSP for a contract to provide high quality, waste management services that provide value for money, minimise amount to land fill and maximise recycling for a period of 3 years commencing 1.1.2014 (with the option to extend for a further 2 x 12 months).
United Kingdom-Sunderland: Refuse collection services
Section I: Contracting authority
North East Shared Services Project
C/o Sunderland College, Bede Centre, Durham Road
For the attention of: Pam Veitch
SR3 4AH Sunderland
Telephone: +44 1915116000
General address of the contracting authority: www.nessp.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/nessp
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
South Tyneside College
Tyne Metropolitan College
Hartlepool 6th Form College
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 16: Sewage and refuse disposal services; sanitation and similar services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: North East of England.
NUTS code UKC
NESSP is a not for profit collaborative partnership comprising the following colleges – Sunderland College, South Tyneside College, Tyne Metropolitan College and Hartlepool 6th Form College.
We are seeking suppliers who have a strong customer focus, consistently deliver excellent service and quality, provide value for money and have an ethos of getting it right first time every time.
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
Lot 1 Sunderland College 40,000 GBP.
Lot 2 South Tyneside College 40,000 GBP.
Lot 3 Tyne Metropolitan College 22,000 GBP.
Description of these options: This is a 3 year contract with the option to extend for a further 2 x 12 month periods.
Number of possible renewals: 2
Information about lots
Lot No: 1 Lot title: Sunderland College
Shiney Row Campus, Houghton-le-Spring, DH4 4TL (Please note the future of this campus is under review and will be closed at a future date.)
— Hylton Campus, Sunderland, SR5 5DB
— Units 5A-C & 6B Southwick Industrial Estate
— Washington Campus, Usworth, NE37 2NH
— Bede Campus, Sunderland, SR3 4AH
— St Peter’s Campus, Sunderland SR6 0AN
— Units 11A&B Brooklands Way, Boldon Business Park, Boldon Colliery, NE35 9PE
Estimated value excluding VAT: 40 000 GBP
— Westoe Campus, including Dr Winterbottom Halls of Residence, South Shields, NE34 6ET
— Motor Vehicle Centre, Jarrow, NE32 3QS
— Marine Safety Training Centre, South Shields, NE33 1LQ
— Fire Safety Training Centre, South Shields, NE33 1LQ
— South Tyneside College Academy Trust, Ridgeway Primary School, Park Avenue, South Shields, NE34 8AB
Final list will be confirmed in tender documentation.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 40 000 GBP
— Coast Road Campus, Wallsend, NE28 9NL
— Queen Alexandra Campus, North Shields, NE29 9BZ
Estimated value excluding VAT: 22 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: As detailed in the Invitation to Tender documentation that will be issued to shortlisted companies, following the conclusion of the selection stage 1.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
As detailed in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
As detailed in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ).
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As detailed in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire that will be issued to all companies that register their expression of interest in accordance with the instructions in this notice.
Section VI: Complementary information
The information and documentation for this opportunity are available at https://in-tendhost.co.uk/nessp. You must register on the site to respond. If you are already registered you will not need to register again, simply use your existing e-mail address and password. If you have any difficulties please telephone +44 1915116000, extension 04171.
NESSP is a not for profit collaborative partnership comprising the following partner colleges: Sunderland College, South Tyneside College, Tyne Metropolitan College and Hartlepool 6th Form College.
NESSP is one of the most exciting and innovative projects in today’s Further Education Sector. At a time when there is a need to produce savings across the public sector in the face of massive budget cuts, this project offers a route to a significant part of the solution. With a total turnover of almost 100 000 000 GBP, in excess of 43000 students per year and over 1200 apprenticeships, the partners provide training and services to a wide range of sectors, in addition to more traditional further education delivery and work in partnership with universities to deliver degree level courses such as Foundation degrees.
NESSP considers that this contract may be suitable for small to medium sized enterprises (SME’s), however any selection of Tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out in the PQQ and the contract will be awarded on the basis of most economically advantageous tender. You may bid for 1 lot or any lot.
Please note that although Hartlepool 6th Form College does not inend to participate in this contract, it will be able to migrate to this contract once its own contractual arrangements expire.
c/o Sunderland College, Bede Campus, Durham Road
SR3 4AH Sunderland
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:5.7.2013