Website Design and Development – Request for Quotation
Cefas require website design and development services to refresh www.mccip.org.uk.
RFQ MCCIP Website Re-design
Defra Network eTendering Portal
- Programming services of application software – 72212000
- Internet or intranet client application development services – 72421000
Location of contract
Value of contract
1 March 2021
8 March 2021
Contract start date
29 March 2021
Contract end date
28 May 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Cefas require website design and development services to refresh www.mccip.org.uk to ensure our requirements above are met. The update is required to enhance the content, improve the structure and provide a better user experience by providing a more intuitive solution mainly includes the re-development of the site structure and functionality, but also includes the peer review solution.
The new solution will be hosted on Cefas’ cloud platform (Microsoft Azure) using Platform-as-a-Service app services and Azure SQL databases. Application secrets should be stored in an Azure key vault which will be deployed alongside the application resources.
The successful Tenderer will work with the internal Cefas project team to provide their expertise and experience in this area, ensuring that all pre-agreed deliverables are handed over upon completion of the project. All elements listed below must be delivered within the Contract duration:
a. Design the UX (user experience) of existing content which systematically organises this into distinct sections that are easy to navigate
b. Provide an automated peer review solution so content authors can access and update information in the back end. Functionality should allow for any changes to be accepted, declined or commented upon. These changes would then be independently reviewed before going live on the website.
c. Six PDF report card outputs for the international section.
d. Produce website using Platform-as-a-Service app services using a common language i, suitable to meet Cefas hosting requirements (as above)
e. Configure Google Analytics tools and ensure the Cefas team have access once ready
Deliverables and timeline:
The website needs to be divided into three main areas:
1. Impacts – delivered end March 2021
2. Solutions – delivered by mid-April 2021
3. International – delivered end March 2021.
- Tender Notice
- Download the Tender pack at
- Additional text
- Bravo E-tendering Portal – managing procurement on behalf of Cefas
https://defra.bravosolution.co.ukThank you for your interest in tendering for this requirement, You will need to access the documents through Bravo Solutions portal using the link provided.
If you are new to Bravo, you are required to register as a supplier:
1) Visit https://defra.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click 'continue' – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose (usually your email address) and click 'Save' when complete – You will shortly receive an email (check spam filters if this does not arrive in a timely manner) with your unique password (please keep this secure). You can then log onto the system and change your password. Once these step are completed you can apply for any tender on Bravo using these details.
2) To read the full details or apply for a tender:
– Login to the portal with the username/password
– Click the 'PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers' link. (These are opportunities open to any registered supplier)
– Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content
– Click the 'Express Interest' button at the top of the page. (This will move the PQQ /ITT into your 'My PQQs/ My ITTs' page) within your Bravo account.
– Access the tender information by clicking 'Buyer Attachments' in the 'PQQ/ ITT Details' box 3.
3) Responding to the tender:
– Click 'My Response' under 'PQQ/ ITT Details', you can choose to 'Create Response' or to 'Decline to Respond' (please give a reason if declining)
– You can now use the 'Messages' function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification
– Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the requirements to upload a successful Tender. There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available)
– Once all information is complete, you can then submit your reply using the 'Submit Response' button at the top of the page. Please give yourself enough time to complete this before the deadline. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the e-Tendering help desk.
Please direct all questions and queries to Cefas using the message function of the portal, including any clarification questions. This is to ensure no questions are missed and that all answers can be shared with all interested suppliers at the same time.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer