Website Development Work – Request for Quotation
More specifically we would like the website to have the following features: An overlay on the Virtual Forest map, showing the boundaries of the WMCA’s 7 members.
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION FOR SUPPORTING VIRTUAL FOREST WEBSITE WORK FOR THE #WM2041 CLIMATE CHANGE PLAN
West Midlands Combined Authority
- Business development consultancy services – 79411100
Location of contract
Value of contract
01 April 2020
24 April 2020
Contract start date
04 May 2020
Contract end date
30 June 2020
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Requirements from this contract:
We are looking for a consultant to work with the WMCA Environment Team to lead on the requirements below. The overall aim of the work will be to develop an online tool, based on the one found here, which will allow residents and organisations to register trees they are planting, and view them on the interactive map.
More specifically we would like the website to have the following features:
• An overlay on the Virtual Forest map, showing the boundaries of the WMCA’s 7 members
• Totalizer figure for each authority on map and overall totalizer on main page of website
• The ability for individuals and organisations to opt-in to affixing their names and/or company logos to specific trees and tree planting sites
• The ability for individuals and organisations to dedicate tree plantings in memoriam of a loved one, including a message and/or picture.
• Improved accuracy and reliability of the Virtual Forest map, allowing more accurate viewing of tree plantings.
In addition to the mapping, we would also like the website to be able to build in some of these initial functions (but also be able to add new ones as we go forwards):
• Opportunities to advertise CSR days and for organisations to attend tree plantings/ host them.
• To be able to connect with landowners and householders to provide land/ gardens for tree planting.
• To map opportunities for tree planting and spaces available.
• A young person’s page/ link into schools
• Information on how to look after/ care for trees
• Opportunity for adopting trees where people may not be able to plant their own
• Have an option for corporate sponsorship/ fundraising
A full copy of the Request for Quotation Document is attached.
About the buyer
16 Summer Lane
Please refer to the attached Request for Quotation document for details of how to respond.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.